Thread: LDK swap. Now tuning. Help

Tuner in Training

LDK swap. Now tuning. Help

Looking for some input on my tune and log. Car runs ok as is. Trying to work up to 20psi boost as a goal, sorting everything out before I work towards it. I notice Knock up to 3.7* in another similar log. However this log is the cleanest. My concern is the knock that can be seen.

LDK swap, <5000mi
    Catless Downpipe

Tune: c017.hpt
    Log: c017c.hpl
    Last edited by spmountain; 04-02-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    optimum trq is slaughtered should be smooth- see lnf videos
    camshafts should be the same for each cam- see lnf videos
    traction control is still on and interfering- see lnf videos
    for the most part you look ok could raise timing up some to a max of 14* until you get everything else sorted out. sometimes kr shows up when timing is too low. also kr is represented in actual and calculated. actual is a physical detonation spotted by the sensor and calculated is what is removed when the ecu witnesses a event that requires spark removal to prevent kr. whatever it removes to prevent kr it registers as calculated kr or more commonly called false kr.

good start.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    The videos are great. Made some of the changes. I also made all the spark tables the same. I want to clarify when you say camshaft tables should be the same. We are talking about the tables for the intake warm/cold being the same and exhaust cam warm/ cold also being the same. Correct? And if so should I make the tables the same based on the warm table?

Yes and yes. Keeps them from wandering

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for this help, made the changes to the cams but haven't loaded and run the tune. What do you think about this idle. I show -20* timing. The car seems to idle ok but from what I have been reading i need +20* timing at idle. I will attach a log for you to look at. The beginning is a cold start and the very end is a warm idle. Catalyst Warm up enabled. I would like to disable but car goes nuts at idle. I need to get closer with it enabled I think.

Log: c018.hpl
    Last edited by spmountain; 04-02-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I do not want to burst your bubble but idle is one that everyone struggles with. I ended up having to replace my MAF sensor and I am throwing a new wideband o2 on, that is a seoerate issue but causing some idle issues. It is a relationship between DALs, cam tables, main spark, and optimum spark. I have mine close its just getting this new wideband installed and then fine tuning it to be baby smooth. It'll get frustrating at times but stick with it. Disable cat warmup if thats your plan and start trying.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a lot for the input. I have been following your posts as well. I have made all the spark/cam tables the same(relative to eachother) so I have a good place to start. Could you recommend a table to start with? My spark table is requesting a decent amount of timing. I am also not sure how the idle cam tables factor in. Are you playing with those as well?

Advanced Tuner
    PM me and we can go over some stuff if you'd like.

follow mike
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman