Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LNF Optimum Spark tables - how to

^this. Pick a lower number to start. The entire OS table should be that number (5, for example). Copy your spark table and do a paste special-> add to the OS table. This will make the OS table exactly the same as the spark table with every cell being 5 higher than the spark table. That's how you want to set it up as a difference table. Conversely, if you subtracted the spark table from the OS, you should have a difference of 5 left in each cell (the entire OS table will be blue and every cell will be 5) if you've done it correctly.

On a side note, I've tested as high as 50 in certain cells. 50 appears to be the limit of stability for the ecu. It's WAY WAY too high. I just experimented to find the limits of urgency. It's like requesting a car go from 0-150mph instantly. Even with 2000hp the car may try, but your drivetrain is going bye bye. Not physically possible.

LOL oops yeah i def read that wrong i adjusted how you told me to now ill flash after work and see how it goes
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Quote Originally Posted by projectlnf View Post
    LOL oops yeah i def read that wrong i adjusted how you told me to now ill flash after work and see how it goes
    You try a different value?

Start around 10 and go from there. Maybe 15 is a better option. Every car is different and everyones preference on how they want it to react is different. A little trial and error and you'll get it where you want.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin85 View Post
    You try a different value?

Start around 10 and go from there. Maybe 15 is a better option. Every car is different and everyones preference on how they want it to react is different. A little trial and error and you'll get it where you want.

yeha i tried like 10 if im not mistaken. it feels awsome right now im dealing with the PID table im trying to learn that and i think im getting it narrowed down. low loads its perfect but high loads its still oscillating so im slowly bringing it into check over time
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Good stuff. Keep us updated, and if you have any problems you get stuck on feel free to pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Good stuff. Keep us updated, and if you have any problems you get stuck on feel free to pm me.
    thank you guys alot! learning ALOT!

the only thing i have questions about isif im in 1st and light throttle its a little jerky and timing is all over the place

and when i let go of the throttle it seems like it doesnt want to go negative timing to slow the car down it sticks at about 8* until i hit around 800rpm
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

When it's jerking, is it because of the torque-light pedal jerk off/on from the soft pedal spring it is the timing all over the place with pedal position constant?

If it's the second, you still need to raise the timing in the cells which relate to the load & rpm at which the timing dips are occurring. My idle timing is identical to the cells from 1-1.5k rpm for the first couple columns. When adjusting optimum torque table to 100%, the timig table at idle has to come up a lot.

When it's jerking, is it because of the torque-light pedal jerk off/on from the soft pedal spring it is the timing all over the place with pedal position constant?

If it's the second, you still need to raise the timing in the cells which relate to the load & rpm at which the timing dips are occurring. My idle timing is identical to the cells from 1-1.5k rpm for the first couple columns. When adjusting optimum torque table to 100%, the timig table at idle has to come up a lot.

its def the first one its a bouncy road that im on when its doing it i can steady it out and it doesnt do it lol.

the timing at 0 % throttle on decel any idea?
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

In that case use the torque limiting tables to cut power in 1st gear. You're making too much. Ramp it up to 100% anywhere 1.5-2k rpm. Keep lowering idle tq in 1st gear until it smooths out.

First and second are completely useless.

In that case use the torque limiting tables to cut power in 1st gear. You're making too much. Ramp it up to 100% anywhere 1.5-2k rpm. Keep lowering idle tq in 1st gear until it smooths out.

First and second are completely useless.

its not just in first and second its in all gears. if im in gear using the engine to slow me down it sticks at +8* but before i have like -5* which slowed me down a tremendous more amount than it does now
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Would have to see a log to see what boost and throttle blade are doing. Brakes slow you down, not engine

Would have to see a log to see what boost and throttle blade are doing. Brakes slow you down, not engine

lol your right! but i figured it out i did a log and it was keeping the throttle partially open. so i fooled around with the optimum sparks and bam its gone!
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Smooth running, Optimun Spark tables , E47 automatic daily driver

My approach to making smooth running, OS tables, for a E47 automatic daily driver.
    1. Direct copy of my smoothed Main Spark tables, to the 4 OS tables,
    + reworking the 600/800 rows, & 0/215 columns, to make it like the Main Spark tables.
    2. Add 20, to the last column, the 215 LOAD column.
    3. Smooth all rows/columns, from 100 LOAD, to 215 LOAD.
    4. Resulting in a zero difference from the Main Spark table, up to 100 LOAD,
    with a gentle, positive ramp-up , from 100 LOAD to 215 LOAD, which is set at +20 difference from the Main Spark tables.
    This gives me approx +7 degrees of timing, at idle, & a very smooth running LNF.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2000Firehawk; 06-30-2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: tune adjustment
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

i know you said that the max was a value of 50. are you meaning the max difference is 50 or the max in the optimum spark tables is 50?

dumb question lol
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    look on the bottom right corner of the screen when you run your mouse over the table entry button it tells you min/max for every table in every ecu
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

The max DIFFERENCE in terms of stability is 50. The max range of the OS table is -95° to +95°. The range would be your main spark table plus your OS adjustment whether it be positive or negative.

For reference, you should be nowhere near a difference of 50. Half that is more than enough for full racing (drags, autox, or road race)

The max DIFFERENCE in terms of stability is 50. The max range of the OS table is -95° to +95°. The range would be your main spark table plus your OS adjustment whether it be positive or negative.

For reference, you should be nowhere near a difference of 50. Half that is more than enough for full racing (drags, autox, or road race)
    OK cool deal the highest I have been is like 30 lol but my cruise timing is realllyyy low when I did the optimum torque tables like you showed us

Raising the optimum spark tables too high is like asking a car to go instantly to 60mph from 0. Either you ram it with a train going 60 or you do a 20k rpm clutching drop. Either way, it won't be happy.

i think the hardest part of my motor is the dang throttle body i put on... that thing wont idle correctly to save my life.. no ac and no extra load i can idle perfect.. with ac i cant get it to do anything i have done in the past with the lnf throttle body..
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Why did you put on a new tb? Check my Optimum Torque thread response real quick.