Thread: Tuning ls6 newbie question

Tuner in Training

Tuning ls6 newbie question

hey guys - i'm gearing up to start tuning my 03 z06 with an ls6. it's procharged and already has a tune on the vehicle but i plan to retune it since after adding a tial bov i have noticed some severe driving issues. i plan to go straight speed density, as the MAF is still being used. i have two questions:

1. Since this is a 2bar map sensor, do you recommend just licensing the custom OS? I may be forced down this route with licensing since that's the only way to tune 2 bar, but I just wanted to make sure you guys didn't know a cheaper route.

2. Is there virtual VE tables with this PCM? I've done my fair share of reading for the past 6 months and understand most of the concepts involved, but I haven't found an answer on what PCM models use the virtual VE tables. Just trying to figure out whether I need bluecat's tool.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by directnosfogger View Post
    1. Since this is a 2bar map sensor, do you recommend just licensing the custom OS? I may be forced down this route with licensing since that's the only way to tune 2 bar, but I just wanted to make sure you guys didn't know a cheaper route.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by directnosfogger View Post
    2. Is there virtual VE tables with this PCM? I've done my fair share of reading for the past 6 months and understand most of the concepts involved, but I haven't found an answer on what PCM models use the virtual VE tables. Just trying to figure out whether I need bluecat's tool.
    No.