Thread: 06 HHR with traction control light

Tuner in Training

06 HHR with traction control light

I just tuned my 06 hhr with the 2.4l and now I am getting the traction control light staying on the transmission is shifting hard because of it. What can I do or change to keep this light off? Thanks

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    did you turn off the traction control limiting factors in the engine and the transmission when you tuned it? Engine is obvious, its the trq management section. transmission is abuse mode. anything that mentions controlling during abuse mode or changes abuse mode initiating factors will be a table you should be interested in.

otherwise push the button and shut traction off
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    06 hhr's does not have the button to disable it.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    my bad forgot they didn't install that till late 07 early 08.
    the only way to prevent traction control from interrupting is to limit its effectiveness. if you modify the torque management settings and abuse mode settings properly its basically like having the button you dont have always set to off mode. the light will still flash and come on but the effects resulting will be slim to none.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I will look at the tune again and try to limit it some more. It does act like the iat is disconnected when the TC light is on.