Thread: Lean decel and tip in knock on a Procharged LS1

Tuner in Training

Lean decel and tip in knock on a Procharged LS1

2001 WS6 P1SC with 228/236 112 cam. Mods in sig. Tune, config, and logs attached. Tuning with HPtuners Pro and LC1 wideband, SD tune.

I’m getting a very lean decel condition after WOT and part throttle despite having decel turned off in the tune. Pushing in the clutch makes it worse. Changing the VE table has no effect. I know me VE table is whack, but the lean condition skews my results and makes proper VE tuning difficult. I’ve considered the fact that the Bypass valve might not be opening up fast enough at the point of throttle release. Therefore the blower continues to inject boost while the injectors are no longer injecting as much fuel… But wouldn’t the throttle blade being closed prevent this? If anything the unneeded boost would hit the closed throttle blade and revert back towards the head unit. Any thoughts as to why I’m getting such a lean decel?

Also I’m getting a lot of tip-in knock retard. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CURRENT SETUP: 2001 M6 WS6 228/236 112+3 XER lobes, P1SC/Aster/8lbs, Weiand intake, Long tubes, SD 60 lb inj, Lonnie's dual fuel pumps, HPtuners Pro---No #'s

OLD SETUP: 2006 M6 GTO 236/238 113+3, FAST 102, TEA TFS 225s, Kooks, Wretched H-Pipe, Flowmaster Super 40s---484 rwhp/439 rwtq