Thread: How to find if PCM is a DBW or DBC OS?

How to find if PCM is a DBW or DBC OS?

i have the rare 2000 DBW truck PCM. The problem is it can not control the fans electronically. This has been verified by blackbear performance. I need a updated DBW OS that will work. I need a 2002 DBW os. I have downloaded many tunes but cannot see in hptuners which ones are DBW or DBC. Can anyone help out?

Senior Tuner
    If you open the file in HPTuners, open the "System" window, and then open the System Options table (button labeled System just below "Platform Type").

If the OS is setup for ETC, you'll see a 1 in the ETC column for your platform code. If it's setup for a cable TB, you won't see that.

I can't speak for all Gen 3 OS's, but I've successfully turned off ETC in this table, and then wired in an IAC and conventional TPS and had no issues at all. I have also gone the opposite direction and converted a car from cable to ETC (show car, wanted the clean look) without issue as well, but that's where I'd be more cautious.

That said...you might be able to expiriment with enabling ETC in another OS that it's not currently enabled in...but no promises that it won't render the PCM inoperable.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat