Thread: LSJ scanner config for VE / wideband HELP !!

Tuner in Training

LSJ scanner config for VE / wideband HELP !!

DISCLAIMER ::: several people have (tried to) helped me along in my ultra noob / Forrest Gump tuner status, and a HUGE thanks to all of you .... I seem to have a language / I.Q. barrier that is making this learning process more difficult than it should be. That being said, I am up to stumbling block #4,302

I have a "everything shut off / VE only / speed density-open loop" tune ready to use to work my VE table with my wideband, so that I can then verify my injector settings, and then move on....

I got my LM1 wideband all set up and working / matched in HPT, and now I'm trying to set up a custom histo Wideband / VE - AFR error, so that I can do this thing.

not for lack of assistance for sure, and I've read and searched for days, watched videos over and over, and I am still not understanding what I'm doing setting this up, so....

first things first, make sure I have everything I need in the table / primary:

table.PNG

everything should be there.
    THEN:
    > open scanner config file
    > open histograms
    > open histograms settings
    > open histo you wish to modify

general and plot.PNG

I picked my histo 7, because it was already labeled VE-AFR Error.....seemed natural.

now is where I start making assumptions ---
    I believe I want AFR error from my table in the PID slot here ?
    So, click on the existing PID, the list pops up, and I click on user defined -- air fuel ratio error, and it puts that PID in the slot.
    do I need to put the formula in the "filter string" slot ? or will it work because the formula is already in the table?

AFR error.PNG

once I have this box set up correctly, I move to the "row and col" box ---

row and col.PNG

as it is in the above shot, if I have trims on, I get a populated histo, but as soon as I shut em off, all I get are zeros. so this is the part that REALLY gets me --

please help me to understand what PIDS i need off my table to populate this box correctly
    Last edited by wayfarer; 03-29-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Tuner in Training
    forgot to attach current config and tune

03-29 -14 base VE only full disable with idle timing changes .hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files