Thread: 2005 lly

Tuner

2005 lly tcm time out

I am trying to read VCM/TCM on a 2005 Silverado, but after the vcm finishes reading the tcm boot loader times out. I have tried several times, always the same in low or high speed. Any ideas, haven't run into this before.
    Last edited by owens1; 03-28-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Tuner
    I thought I had the problem fixed after removing the radio amp fuse also. The tcm still times out. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by owens1; 03-28-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Senior Tuner
    What version of hpt are you running?

Tuner
    2.24.368 is the version I have.

Senior Tuner
    If you have an older beta try that. If not locate bcm and tccm under dash and unplug and try again.

Tuner
    I have yet to be able to read the tcm on this 2005 lly. Any suggestions. I don't have an older beta, is there any way to download one to try?

Potential Tuner
    Not sure if you have figured it out yet, but I just read an '05 LLY today and the TCM kept timing out. The only way I could read it was in low speed mode. It took almost 30 minutes but it worked. I didn't try to write it in high speed mode but low speed worked just fine for me. Writing the calibrations for the PCM and TCM took about 5 minutes.

Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

I used to have a lot of issues reading and flashing my LB7, even after pulling certain fuses. But ever since I downloaded some of the later versions of 2.24 I haven't had any problems.

Tuner
    I still haven't got the tcm to stop timing out. I have got the latest beta software installed and disconnected all modules, but the tcm and the ecm from the data bus. Tried high and low speed reading. Has anyone had this kind of problem with the 2005 lly tcm ?

Potential Tuner
    Owens1 I'm hoping you finally got your issue fixed. if not I initially had troubles but was able to get it done yesterday.

Tuner in Training
    how did you figure it out??? I'm having all sorts of shit lol

Tuner
    I still haven't got it figured out. Quit working on it since it is my personal truck. Still would like to know. It still times out after a few seconds of trying read the tcm.

owens, do you have the most recent version of 2.24? I used to have all sorts of problems with mine doing the same thing. I haven't had any problem with it in the last few months.

Take a look around the forum, there were a couple fuses you could try pulling besides just the radio fuse. I just don't remember what they were.

Tuner
    I have pull every fuse I have read about and I went as far as to isolate the ecm and tcm on the data bus. I am also using 2.24.648

Tuner in Training
    I got the new beta and it read fine but writing is a pain. It says Unlicensed Vehicle when I clearly licensed it. I would love to figure out how to do it in 2.24 though.