Thread: after ve table and maf tuning issues tune/scan inside

Tuner in Training

after ve table and maf tuning issues tune/scan inside

ok, back to learning this tuning again. im working with a 2002 chevy rcsb 6.0L 4l60e. motor has 229/232 615/575 113+3 cam, 4.020 bore, mild ported 317 heads, trunion upgrade, 650 dual pac springs, dished pistons(compression should be in the 9.4.1 area), headers, dual exhaust with x pipe, flow master cats, 3200 stall, 3.55 rear, 29.7" tires.

ok, my issues are ive tuned my ve table upto 4000 rpm then blended above that after disabling my MAF. I've done this using ltft, afr ve error, and stft. while running without MAF i'm really happy with my results keeping very close to 0. I've also tuned my maf using wideband error.

the issue is when I get everything back running again i'm adding 5 or more on most my cells in my fuel trims. i'm not sure if im missing something or if there is an issue. I started logging my o2's again to see what the truck sees and they are all over the place and i'm not sure if that's normal. I am currently running with LTFT disabled since they end up adding so much fuel.

2002 chevy tune 03-24-2014 MAF DONE.hpt3-27-2014 drive home.hpl

Tuner in Training
    any ideas why my fuel trims go positive after re connecting maf?

Did you make sure your Open Loop EQ F/A was set to 1.00 in whatever coolant temp range you were tuning open loop in?

Tuner in Training
    i will double check but i'm sure it was. i left my laptop at home today so i'll have to check when i get off tonight.

Tuner in Training
    sorry i've been so slow on getting back to this. my eq ratio i at 1.00 all the way down my chart by 158*f. i've always brought my engine temp up before logging for tune.