Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Installing the LC-1

Thanks. I posted in the forum too:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...ead.php?t=2886
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

cool man ill put something in there also
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Here's the reply:

You can ground everything (incl. the XD-1) all at the same grounding point. The problem with that scheme is that the heater current for the sensor can cause ground offsets if (and only if) you use the analog outs. Therefore we recommend grounding the heater ground (blue wire) on a different lug than the other grounds. The contact patches between ring terminals (which most people use) are notorious for creating ground offsets.

Regards,
    Klaus

In any event, I hooked it up on the weekend as I stated above. Did my first scan today! Everything seems to be working Hard to get it in PE though with all the snow
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Well, as stated, everything seems to work.

The only issue I have been having, is connecting using the laptop with LogWorks. If it can't connect, I turn the ignition off, and on again.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

how do our ground offsets look???
    voltage when wideband is off??
    set voltage on wideband to a fixed value like 2.0 volts..and see how far away it is...might have to correct for it with a custom PID
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    set voltage on wideband to a fixed value like 2.0 volts..and see how far away it is...might have to correct for it with a custom PID
    so you saying to unplug the sensor and just set the fail to 2 volts and monitor the output?
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

How do I check my ground offsets? Using a voltmeter?

The LED that came with the kit, is always on, except during warm-up, it flashes. Just the software that came with the kit that doesn't connect. Are you suggesting I unplug the power and check the voltage?

Once I get the EIO, I suppose I can do this, or are you referring to the LM-1 programmer. I haven't played with this yet (I'm actually in the garage now, messing with it).

Thanks for your help! It is appreciated.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    How do I check my ground offsets? Using a voltmeter?

The LED that came with the kit, is always on, except during warm-up, it flashes. Just the software that came with the kit that doesn't connect. Are you suggesting I unplug the power and check the voltage?

Once I get the EIO, I suppose I can do this, or are you referring to the LM-1 programmer. I haven't played with this yet (I'm actually in the garage now, messing with it).

Thanks for your help! It is appreciated.
    the easiest way is to go into th eprogrammer and go to your analog 2 output and just set teh voltage for high and low to both the same value...
    then connect to EIO....
    whatever you see there...should be the same as you commanded...it doesnt matter what afr as long as you see the voltage commanded(it should look like a flat line in the screen of the LM programmer software)

if you have more tha or less than teh voltage specified...then you need to correct for it or ground differently or better somehow....

BTW...pcm grounds directly to the engine block ususally..so this is your optimum grounding point i fyou have an issue

and LED blinks at warm up and is solid when ready...thats normal and thats how it works
    -Scott -

Thanks for the info.

So, when I get the EIO (sometime in March), I can do this. What analog is the plug that comes with the LC-1? Can I do it here?

I knew about the LED, however, you mentioned when the LC-1 is off. I'm not sure what you were referring to originally. I think I get it now.

Continueing to play

Is it normal for afr to spike to 22 when I first mash the throttle (ie going from 10% TPS to 100% TPS? Then immediately go into PE? Seems to take 2/10ths of a second before getting into Power Enrichment. I lowered the AE Filter coefficient, since it mentioned lag, figuring that would correct that problem (I should start another thread for that question).
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

put the little "plug" into the serial in

when I say off I mean when you dont have any 12v power going to the wideband

not sure about your spike...I dont have that issue that I can see in my logs
    ... of course I also set my output resolution to be
    1/12th or 1/6th of a second instead of instant response as it can pick up lean pockets of gas between pulses....even at high rpm...and your scanner is not reading every spot..its just 4 samples per frame on the EIO
    -Scott -

Thanks. Can you calibrate the little plug...LOL. That is what I was getting at. I know where to plug it in (OUT actually), just not how to program it. Analog 1 or 2?

Can't wait until EIO!!
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

actually the little plug is a terminator and it needs to go in the "In" of the LC1

you plug a cable that has a db9 on 1 end and a 2.5mm on the other into the LC1 out

dont think of them as data ins and outs...they are for if you connect multiple LC1's in a chain and they will show up in log works as indiidual sensors that way....
    you are just terminating the input of the 1st sensor so that the LM programmer software knows whats going on...and it cant find the sensor if the terminator is not in there...
    -Scott -

Ok, I misunderstood your comment initially (it was late). I have the little plug in the IN and the DB9 in the out (as this is what plugs into the laptop; part of the chain)

Makes sense. The DB9 Output cannot be calibrated as with the analog outs, however I can 'smooth' the curve.

As mentioned before, I can't wait to give HPT 200 more dollars for the EIO

Regarding the spike in afr, I lowered the AE coeficient and the spike went way down. I'll make another post for that in case someone has run into the same problem. I'm thinking if I make it 0, I'll get immediate fuel.

Thanks!
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

by the way...
    what "AE" are youreferring to..
    -Scott -

This is the one I'm referring to.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    This is the one I'm referring to.
    dam....that would be nice to have on our v8 fbody's

we got nothin on that page..LOL

of course I also dont have that isue with lean upon foot mashing
    -Scott -

Really?

Hmmm, something the 6's have that the 8's don't...LOL.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner in Training
    Is anyone running 2 wideband 02 sensors, (one for each bank) or is everyone just using one for one bank? Also would it be better to get the LM-1 or the LC-1? The only advantages i can see are being able to double check yourself with the 2 readings, (the LM-1 unit itself and the hpt scanner) making sure everything is the same before tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Also somthing i was wondering, when your done tuning with wideband 02's, what do you run when not tuning? Do you just plug your narrow bands back in or can you just keep your WB02's in and run only in open loop the whole time? would that hurt anything?

i keep my wb in and run open loop 24/7