Thread: 2000 silverado 4l80 segment swap

Tuner in Training

2000 silverado 4l80 segment swap

i swapped in a jakes performance stage 3 4l80e and i need to do the tuning part. here is my base tune and also a compatible file with the 80e on it. i also have what i think is a correct copy and paste of the 80e onto my file. let me know if i did it right. thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Answered your other similar thread ... please don't initiate multiple threads on the same topic / project ... leads to confusion, and potentially misinformation

Tuner in Training
    yeah my bad. i am posting from the hospital. wife is pregnant and not doing well. kids and her have kept me up for days on end now. im not thinking straight. i sent in all 3 tunes. hopefully i will have them back sometime next week. i think i read that they are not answering emails until monday???

Tuner in Training
    i dont understand why someone else has to write this for me. whats the point in having a tuner if i cant do my own segment swap?

Not all tuning softwares doing absolutely everything you could ever imagine possible. Researching these differences prior to purchase, is what helps fit the software and the user. That said, HPT support will assist you with this at present. And in future, this functionality will be added (I believe).

To be able to do just about anything, with any controller, would require 4+ tuning softwares, and a Tech 2. Just some food for thought.

Tuner in Training
    damn. i bought this controller for the sole purpose of the segment swap.

Email HPT support - they will help with the segment swap.

Tuner in Training
    i sent it off. i think i read they are out of the office until monday. which is fine i am still waiting on the shift cable bracket and 80E dipstick tube. im just happy its running again and the trans should work once tuned correctly. sometimes i jump in with both feet but fail to look before i leap. i think i am in way over my head with tuning.

If this is a generally stock truck, with an upgrade from a 4L60 to a 4L80, once HPT swaps the 4L80 segments (cal & diagnostics), the tuning is fairly straight forward.

Tuner in Training
    its a 5.3L stroked to 383 with PRC stage 2.5 heads, manley forged rotating assembly 11.5:1 compression, comp 228/234 @ .585/.595 lift 112lsa, fast 57lb/hr injectors, TBSS intake, 90mmTB, ARH long tubes, high flow cats, E-fans, Volant CAI, and some other bits.