Thread: 6l80e "Service Fast Learn Adapts" experience?

Tuner

6l80e "Service Fast Learn Adapts" experience?

In the 6l80e there is apparently an occasional need to do a "Service Fast Learn Adapts" in order to get the TCM to learn the line pressures, etc. I'm about 90% sure that I need to do this. I have read the procedure via AllData and various hits on Google. Normally, a dealership would do something like this, but it does seem to be an option in HP Tuners as well. Has anyone ever done this?

I know the TCM will provide instructions to HP Tuners that will display instructions on my laptop screen to follow (ex. SHIFT TO D) and I only have 2 seconds to do it.

For each mistake (ex. taking longer than 2 seconds to comply), I have to disconnect the battery for 10+ minutes and start over. This is why I'm looking for "what to expect" if anyone has done this.

[FYI, I moved my TCM into a high performance transmission and have now moved it back to my stock one. No gears (fwd or rev) will engage, so this seems like the easiest thing to try]

Tuner
    I found some good info via the stickies. I better understand what to expect. Please disregard this post.

Hope it helped...
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Forged 6.2L Flex Fuel Tuned
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Yes, it runs on E85 too and LOVES it! ;D