Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEM wideband jumps around

Ya i'll probably end up getting the lc-2 controller. You can use any gauge with the controller correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxspeed96ct View Post
    I had the same issue with the aem, and it was slow in the hp tuners logger.

I went with the innovate lc2 , $160 and it's mint . Reads much better then the aem and logs better as well.
    I'm running their MTX-L and don't have this problem either. It's very steady when I'm in steady state conditions.

Advanced Tuner
    I paid around 160 for the gauge and controller , marylandspeed or ebay have the best price

Quote Originally Posted by Maxspeed96ct View Post
    I paid around 160 for the gauge and controller , marylandspeed or ebay have the best price
    Amazon has it for $159 delivered + 2 day shipping if you're on Prime

I spent time yesterday making sure the wiring was not the issue. I have a Depo gauge that uses the Bosch LSU4.9 sensor. I'ts supposed to be a high quality gauge. It has the controller built in. The wideband connects directly to the gauge and only has 3 wires to hook up, a power, ground and the output. I've run the power and ground straight to the battery and even used a spare battery outside the car to eliminate any noise. The gauge was still outputing a jumpy signal into hptuners.. The gauge itself is rock solid so I'm assuming there is some smoothing or a capacitor for the gauge, but not for the output? I cant adjust the sample rate with that gauge so next step is to pull the LC-1 out of my car and throw it in the truck. Then try instant settings and 1/12 and 1/6 if needed. It the instant setting looks like the gauge I have now I can assume it is set to output "instant" which is said to be a little too fast for hptuners. Seem reasonable?

image1 (1).JPG

Units say (V) but should be AFR, that's only because I was jumping back and forth between the 2 while trouble shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by alexl226 View Post
    image1 (1).JPG

Units say (V) but should be AFR, that's only because I was jumping back and forth between the 2 while trouble shooting.
    How much is it actually varying? Without seeing the scale on the right hand side I have no idea the scale of the changes

That does seem awfully jagged though
    Last edited by schpenxel; 03-16-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

That is with the car off. Gauge reads solid. HPtuners jumps about .6 AFR