Thread: My ltft is 10% both banks

Tuner in Training

My ltft is 10% both banks

My truck is genIV how can i adjust them searched every where cant get idea how .
    Please help me
    LTFT 10% on both banks

I am not a pro, but I think that means your MAF needs to be calibrated. If your calibration is set up for gasoline and you are actually burning E10 (or vice versa) that could be part of the problem. I think you probably need a wideband O2 to do this properly.

You can shift the LTFT's with a MAF cal to get them close. Across the board if you multiply the MAF freq by around 8% (X 1.08) it should bring you close. You can trim it from there little by little.

I log the sum of (LTFT + STFT) in a custom PID and create a histo vs. MAF freq to get the entire band dialed in when in closed loop like in cruise. I'm sure there are other ways, but without a WB, don't try to do open loop (WOT) tuning.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    thanks guys for the replay i will try it as soon as possible. One of my friends suggested that I adjust the injector flow rate ? is it the best way .
    i think MAF cal better .

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds to me like you're set up for non-ethanol fuel (14.7 afr) but are running 10% ethanol fuel (14.11 afr)

IMO you should change the AFR from 14.7 (the first box is the only one that counts in most cars) to 14.11 (should get you about 1/2 way there...) and THEN adjust the MAF cal to finish the job.

Do not ever change the injector flow rates unless they are wrong.

Tuner in Training
    where do I adjust the afr cause I went to a tuner and he adjusted injector flow which is factory rate

Advanced Tuner
    If you apploed some mods, multiply 1.04 until 5800hz and 1.06 above the maf table.
    I assume ltft is +10% (average) and stft is no negative.
    Don't touch the injectors table unless you change them.
    That is a bad shortcut...

Tuner in Training
    i add .4 to all maf table and my ltft is 0-(-1) both banks but what do you mean by negative stft?

Advanced Tuner
    I hope you multiply by 1.04... (+4%).
    You should look the ltft average and stft average and sum them to have a clear pictures..
    If now you have ltft within (+1,-4) and your stft (-5,+5) same cells leave as it is. Just check your maf curve if you need just some smoothing , do not leave any spikes around...

I'm happy that the situation changed...

Tuner in Training
    thanks ingsteve i multiply by 1.04 it hesitate in acceleration so i thought ill try add .04 and it worked .The problem now is i hooked innovate wideband and afr was 15.4-15.8 from idle untill PE kicks in about 3500 rpm .is it normal afr ?

Quote Originally Posted by NNBS View Post
    thanks ingsteve i multiply by 1.04 it hesitate in acceleration so i thought ill try add .04 and it worked .The problem now is i hooked innovate wideband and afr was 15.4-15.8 from idle untill PE kicks in about 3500 rpm .is it normal afr ?
    Not to hijack thread, but if your WB is reading 15.4-15.8 from idle to PE and your tune is in Closed Loop, then that says you have an analog offset difference with your WB User Configuration setup. Easily correctable. I use the Narrowband controls to "calibrate" my WB analog setups from the start and from time to time. This is above the normal O2 sensor calibration you run in free air.

Now back to your normally scheduled thread :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I dialed in my wideband in open air it shows max afr which is 22.38 at 4.86v in hp tuners before it was 21.8 in open air now still same reading even after i adjusted it 15.4 at idle
    0v = 7.35
    5v = 12.38
    LC2 innovate

sorry for the late replay

Quote Originally Posted by NNBS View Post
    thanks guys for the replay i will try it as soon as possible. One of my friends suggested that I adjust the injector flow rate ? is it the best way .
    i think MAF cal better .
    No, accurate IFR data is the number one necessity for tuning properly. Its not the injectors fault the trims are off (unless they have been modified). Also the O2 sensors work in what is known as lambda so they strive to maintain a lambda 1.0 which is what is called Stoichiometric which for pump gas equates to An AFR of 14.68 or for E10 it equates to 14.2.

Need to read up on the tuning process, MAF vs VE, Open Loop vs Closed Loop etc.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    im scared to tune ve and maf becuase i dont know if my wideband is reading right or not i bought Lc-2 kit without the gauge. how i know if my wideband is accurate ?