Thread: I want that sweet popping exhaust of z06 in my truck on deacceleration

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb I want that sweet popping exhaust of z06 in my truck on deacceleration

guys any one know how to tune that popping noise when you lift throttle like z06 / g8 / ls3 Camaros?
    my truck has a 6.2 l92 engine .ECM -E38 .
    any ideas .

It happens when you go into DFCO. Decel fuel cut off, perhaps yours is disabled? Depends on the exhaust if you will hear it or not.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    its enabled I can hear it only at 1200 rpm 2 to 3 pops only . I have full exhaust (headers,offroad y pipe and corsa ) I have z06 before it pops at any rpm range when you lift the throttle ?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    It happens when you go into DFCO. Decel fuel cut off, perhaps yours is disabled? Depends on the exhaust if you will hear it or not.
    Isn't that backwards?

If DFCO is active there's no fuel so no pops..
    (until fuel flow resumes at xxmph)

Tuner in Training
    Im confused now should enable or disable
    DFCO ?!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    stock DFCO is ON as it active (as in shuts off fuel to 1200 rpm)
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    It actually stops popping when you are in DFCO. The popping occurs during the transition from normal run to DFCO.

The LS3 Camaro for example has a large delta in spark advance when you lift off the throttle and the car transitions into DFCO, but once it's completely done and in DFCO, it's also all done popping. The ZR1 on the other hand keeps the timing pretty high, and doesn't pop.

If you want to make it pop more...pull more timing out of the DFCO entry spark tables. The close the entry spark is to the timing that you were running anyways, the less you'll notice the popping. After that, if it's not going into DFCO enough, make sure the TCC in the truck is staying locked when you lift off the throttle, then adjust the DFCO entry conditions to be more agressive. However, if you get it wrong, it'll be annoying on the interstate coming down a hill on the cruise control as you'll feel it click on/off/on/off.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    can i copy DFCO setting from ls3 camaro and paste it to my tune ?

Advanced Tuner
    Yep, the G8 gets LOTS of popping because it (a) drops the timing a LOT and (b) takes a WHILE to get there (to transition) ... i actually changed mine to be much more like the 7.0L Corvette (with lower g/cyl on enable and disable by about 40% of the original values ... all the rest the same as the Corvette Z06) ...and basically got RID of all the popping (raised the timing DFCO went to by a LOT and lowered the enable time to zero ... with the low LOAD g/cyl values I also dont feel that "jerk" backwards as the car "suddenly" slows down (its more gradual).

... the point being: yes you can copy the values over.

Ive copied the LS3 Camaro values over too, they pop less than the stock G8 GXP values do.

My old 6.0L GTO ... THAT thing popped and gurgled like crazy!

Tuner in Training

Red face

I tried ls3 setting but no luck now I will try g8 setting