Thread: 4.6 2v turbo

4.6 2v turbo

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone has turboed the 4.6 2v? Is it any good?

Also does hp work with the 3rd gen ford explorer with the 4.6?

I'm looking at getting a 03-04 ford explorer with the 4.6 and would put a turbo on or blower if could find something cheap enough and if hp works with the engine and auto

Cheers
    Josh

Tuner in Training
    Yeah done a few turbo 2valves they work good 400 wheel hp is easy with them. The transmission might be an issue depending on the power. Their is a list of supported ford cars on the forum. I have been making remote mounted turbo setups and work good and keep all the accessories. Just don't get boost happy rods will break. 10psi is a good starting point on pump gas with a 70 to 74mm turbo is street friendly. The explorer has a wap aluminum block and good heads to start with Compression is 9:1 with a good set of rods, pistons they hold good power. The transmission will slip if left stock after a while.

I seen a vid of a twin turbo one think it made 320odd hp. Sounded tuff tho. That 6speed auto no good? I have heard they fail even stock bad parts inside. I did look at the supported cars list and they were on there just wondered if included the auto also some cars are but gearbox arnt like our Aussie fords and zfs

Tuner in Training
    can you post turbo tune? I just installed twins

Quote Originally Posted by sayangetsome View Post
    can you post turbo tune? I just installed twins
    can hook you up with a base tune, not free tho