Thread: Normal mpvi pro EIO input behavior

Tuner in Training

Normal mpvi pro EIO input behavior

Been using the MPVI Pro for a little while and decided to use the NGK AFX wideband setup.

Found the install information all around, yellow wire to eio input terminal #1/top and brown wire to ground eio termnial #5.

EIO #1 input never registers any external input voltage, just kind fluctuates rapidly from .024v and .029v constantly.

Tried EIO #2 input and got no voltage feedback.

Thought maybe the wideband controller may not be giving an analog signal out, checked with a multimeter with o2 installed in vehicle, got good voltage feedback that would correlate with the NGK reported numbers so the analog output is working on the wideband controller.

EIO #3 & #4, they both act strange to begin with. Both these eio ports fluctuate rapidly at around 1.3xx volts with the wideband plugged into EIO pin#1 and signal ground at pin #5.

So I connect the wideband to eio #3 and it actually registers the analog input from the wideband but the reading is not correct. EIO port #4 is still fluctuating rapidly at around 1.3xx volts for some reason when it's not even connected. Same situation occurs when I connected the wideband to EIO port #4, it registers analog signal but eio port 3 is fluctuating around 1.3xx volts with nothing plugged into it.

It's like ports 1&2 are dead and 3&4 are not acting right either.

I'm not sure how exactly to explain how its acting in words but basically when the wideband is plugged into eio port #1 both ports #3 & #4 start fluctuating around 1.3xxx volts at the same time, port #2 stays zero and port #1 just fluctuates between .024-.029 volts.

Attached are a couple print screens of the vcm scanner screen showing raw voltage. This is what is reported with the wideband plugged into port #1 and #5 of the eio adapter, port #1 being vout signal yellow and port #5 being signal ground brown.

Is there something wrong with my MPVI pro adapter anybody else have any idea whats going on with the EIO ports?
    mpvi_ngk.jpgeio unplugged.pngeio plugged in.png

EDIT: Created a log with doing the battery test on the ports using a new AA battery.
    eio battery test.hpl
    at 00:09.423 connected battery to eio port#1 and #5 ground (voltage is reported under eio#3)
    connected to port#2 and #5 ground and it never registered at all (no change in any voltage readings)
    at 01:04.351 connected battery to eio port#3 and #5 ground (voltage is reported under eio#3 also under eio#4)
    at 01:37.111 connected battery to eio port#4 and #5 ground (voltage is reported under eio#4 also under eio#3)
    Last edited by b2009v; 03-20-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    2009 CTS-V Sedan
    Lingenfelter 650 kit, ID850, AR 1.875" Headers, SW 3" Exhaust, Hptuners pro