Thread: LY2 4.8 in 2010 Camaro SS

Potential Tuner

LY2 4.8 in 2010 Camaro SS

Hi everybody,

first of all I want to say hello to this great community. I'm a long time thirdgen.org and ls1tech reader but now it's time to get into the 4th gen LS
    For more than 10 years I'm a thirdgen Camaro guy, had some SBC swaps and was roadracing it. After I've sold my last engine I planned to swap an LS1 with T56 which I already had. At the same time I got into the turbothetruckenginething and luckily got a great offer for a 2007/08 40k mile LY2 which I had to buy as they are not very common over here in Germany. So the LS1 is sold already and the plan was to swap the 4.8 into the '87 Z28 and give it two snails

But also that plan went by as I recognized that beefing up every single drivetrain part would kill the budget badly. Now I have a killer deal on a 2010 SS without engine and tranny. The good thing is, the guy who has bought the LS1 traded a TR6060 for my rebuild T56...so with that and the LY2 I already have the big parts on the shelf.

So if you are not bored yet, it is now time to come to my questions. Before thinking of any turbos I just want the LY2 into that SS and get it running with the stock exhaust and the TR6060 behind it.

Question1:
    The LY2 is a fourth gen LS, can I fit the drive by wire throttle body from the LS3 on the truck intake?
    I also have a LS6 intake in spare, what options do I have? (that would only be for the looks as the truck intake is a bit...ugly to say at least )

Question2:
    Can I use the stock LS3 ECU on the LY2?
    There is not much info on the web about the ECU types. I found this:
    http://www.gmpowertrain.ca/Product/4...%20Summary.pdf
    On the 3rd page there is some info about the ECU.

Question3:
    If I have to use the LY2 ECU, will that work with all the other electronics in the Camaro?

Is there anything else I have to take care of?

Maybe not the most common questions, but maybe someone has some wise words

Many greetings from Germany,

Simon
    Last edited by S!MON; 03-20-2014 at 03:33 PM.