Thread: s197 Mustang, cable throttle possible? Eric??

Advanced Tuner

s197 Mustang, cable throttle possible? Eric??

Ok, have a customer that I am building a drag car for that has interest in eventually swapping to a standalone EFI system. In which case, the electronic throttle would just add complexity but ultimately wouldnt be much of a big deal. However, we have a custom intake manifold for this car that will accept various types of throttle bodies. The highest flowing of which is only available in cable operated form.

To run the stock ecu with this setup, would it be possible to just turn off the various DTC's for the electronic throttle, then just feed the ECU TPS data?

Just basically curious if this is possible, and if so, could save the customer some money.

Tuner in Training
    Cable throttle body works on the cobra jet.

I think it should run with tps sensor, for sure disable ipc and all etc related errors. I tested this way throttle follower mode and it works. I'm just curious how idle would work, but aftermarket pcm works similar adjusting idle with timing when there is no idle adjuster installed.
    Ford pcm is adjusting with timing too.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

there is no IAC control in the pcm, but for a racecar that might not be a big deal.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, wasn't too concerned with IAC. This is purely a racecar after all. Just has to idle before staging, go wot, then it gets shut down.

Were curious how far we can push this 3v on the stock ecm with twin 6466's and e85. Just gonna experiment for the hell of it before going standalone.