Thread: Ford 5.4's

Tuner in Training

Ford 5.4's

Guys if anyone would like to look this over and give me a few pointers or critique this tune go for it. First Ford tune here. Have tuned many GM's.

And no i have not loaded the tune into the guys truck. I am meeting him this weekend.

The truck is running 87 octane with 35's. I have not done any shift speed scaling or line pressure changes. Someone said that a more negative number means firmer shifts?? Want all tm out of the motor. And a decent trans tune.

I know I need to recal the MAF or atleast check it... Does anyone have a Ford MAF tuning config/hist??

Thanks guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    At the speed you want it to shift firmer multiply the number by 1.05 for 5 percent increase 1.2 for 20 percent ect. Then for shift time do the same but .95 for 5 percent reduction .8 for 20 percent. I always do the airflow tables before adding any timing or changing knock tables.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I do airflow tables too first for the most part then finish the tune off. But I was just doing this as if the MAF was dialed in just to get peoples opinion.

Now you say multiply by lets say 1.1 for easy math.... Low speed and low torque stock may be like +10 which would equal 11 after you multiply the table. Now high speed-high torque the number may be -20 so that gives you -22... So your decreasing the pressure up top.

So looking at the table being positive pressures down low and almost '0' torque output pressures are higher and more negative as speed and torque increases... So it looks like the more negative would make it shift firmer.... Just like GM tables start at 0 and go up as torque increases.

Also, clutch fill times... Any changes needed there?

Tuner in Training
    change the transmission>torque management>General>min ect- change it from -25 to 240 if you want to disable torque management in the transmission. I never messed with clutch fill times. If you have and problems with the tune just post it with a log.

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone have a good config file for Ford stuff?