Thread: LS2 to LS7 Maf swap P0102

Advanced Tuner

LS2 to LS7 Maf swap P0102

I have a 07 4.8L swapped into a 04 Colorado, being run with 06 SSR E40 PCM

Mods
    LS2 intake, fuel rail, LR4 truck injectors, with spacers
    09 Colorado 5.3L Volant intake, 09 Colorado 5.3L (LS7 style MAF)
    Long tube headers
    06 SSR throttle body, pedal
    LS3 front cover, LS2 cam sensor, 1x sprocket

I used to have the E40 MAF but my intake temps were very hot, I swapped in a 09 Colorado intake, and had to use the LS7 Maf, for fitment issues. I coped over the IAT correlation from a E67 09 Colorado 5.3L file, and tired to ballpark the MAF verses frequency from it as well, but that's next to impossible with the scale difference, and the tables being Brocken into high and low on the E40. I get code Po102 low maf frequency.

What do I do with the Maf settings under engine diagnostics? They are certainly different from the two sensors, and PCMS. The E40 is set at 10hz low frequency, but that setting does not exist on the E67. Also I tired to change the high setting from 13,500 hz to 14,500 hz, I still get code P0102?

Were I get a base Maf table to run this truck? I tired a 06 corvette 7.0L with a E38, its tables are at least setup the same as the E40, and should have the LS7 MAF. I still got code P0102

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    I have a 07 4.8L swapped into a 04 Colorado, being run with 06 SSR E40 PCM

Mods
    LS2 intake, fuel rail, LR4 truck injectors, with spacers
    09 Colorado 5.3L Volant intake, 09 Colorado 5.3L (LS7 style MAF)
    Long tube headers
    06 SSR throttle body, pedal
    LS3 front cover, LS2 cam sensor, 1x sprocket

I used to have the E40 MAF but my intake temps were very hot, I swapped in a 09 Colorado intake, and had to use the LS7 Maf, for fitment issues. I coped over the IAT correlation from a E67 09 Colorado 5.3L file, and tired to ballpark the MAF verses frequency from it as well, but that's next to impossible with the scale difference, and the tables being Brocken into high and low on the E40. I get code Po102 low maf frequency.

What do I do with the Maf settings under engine diagnostics? They are certainly different from the two sensors, and PCMS. The E40 is set at 10hz low frequency, but that setting does not exist on the E67. Also I tired to change the high setting from 13,500 hz to 14,500 hz, I still get code P0102?

Were I get a base Maf table to run this truck? I tired a 06 corvette 7.0L with a E38, its tables are at least setup the same as the E40, and should have the LS7 MAF. I still got code P0102
    It'll run rough but you need to do a maf tune. Set both maf fails hz to 0. Make sure under engine diag set your p0101 p0103 to error first reported. Slice of zero off your dynamic airflow and go tune.

There's plenty of stickies and writeups on this
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    Wound up being the wires in the wrong place. I got the 5 wire connector from the express van, matched up the colors, but it turns out the express van MAFs are pinned differently, I didn't even have the wires foe the IAT in the right spot! It runs good now, throwing to lean codes, prob just have to do MAF tune. At least I feel comfortable running it for a week, to break in the new cam, and T56, then take it to my dyno tuner.

what was the MAF pinout for the LS7 MAF versus the Express Van pinout? I am going through the same thing right now. what was the re-pinning order?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ut-differences

Tuner in Training
    I don?t see an area where there is a maf fails hz on the E40 ecu

Advanced Tuner
    I?m sure it?s there under engine diagnostics

Quote Originally Posted by tlkfromdababay View Post
    I don?t see an area where there is a maf fails hz on the E40 ecu

With an E40 ECM the MAF Sensor frequency fails are ECM 4000 and 4001. The number of tests required to fail (or pass) are ECM 4006 and 4007.