Thread: 2007 suburban swap info 5.3 to 6.0 problems

2007 suburban swap info 5.3 to 6.0 problems

I just swapped a 6.0 LY6 engine in a 2007 suburban. most stuff was compatible. for a quick rundown the motor was a crate motor from gm. Came complete oil pan to intake manifold injectors coils etc. This engine is equipped with the vvt. I installed the engine in the truck. A few things I had to do which was different. the new motor has no oil pan level sensor which 5.3 did have. the oil pressure sensor in the valley pan was different so I changed that over from the 5.3. There was no sensor for the dod witch was removed. the map sensor was different on the top of the intake. the connector was different and I changed it and wired accordingly. I added the connector for the vvt sensor and wired it to the ecu per instructions. Every other plug in the harness was plug in. It seems like it all worked out. I am getting intake cam adjusting in the scanner. Was like swapping a stock 5.3 back in it otherwise. The only thing I didnt change was the Mass airflow sensor.

Ok now here is my issue. I fired the truck up with the 5.3 stock map in the truck. The truck was very rough and can barley rev. I thought it would idle better but it didnt. I pulled the map from the truck. Here is what I did. I tried making various map changes from the tuning repository. the first map I tried was the 2007 6.0 silverado. there was no 2007 suburban map so I used the silverado. truck ran the same because of the DOD in the file. So then I made a hybrid map from the 2008 suburban. Truck fired up ran smooth sounded good. I took the truck for a ride. I was very easy on things and didnt want to be aggressive yet. truck felt smooth but was down on power. also climbing a hill the did not want to downshift. At this time I made another map leaving the stock transmission parameters in the file. truck up shifted much better but still doesnt drop a gear when you go past 50% throttle. Im not sure whats going on because Ive never done a swap like this before. I thought i was going to be ok by putting 6.0 engine mapping in and truck should drive almost stock.

At this point Im not sure if I should start by doing a maf tune on the truck and start adjusting timing. I feel like something is still not right and I dont want to adjust things in the map if there is still something not set up properly. I did search in the forum for any swap issue but most threads are unresolved. Here is a map that I made where the truck runs the best on. I think im missing something but not 100%.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files