Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mustang cut problem... need help

We tried it, but it did not helped((( any more idea what can cause our problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    some strange correspondance noted in the last log file, during cruising about 2000rmp TPS only about 18%, the MAF value jumped rapidly from 27g/sec to 150g/sec (not sure may be supercharger actuator do some wrong job?...) and at the same moment PCM pull timing to -10deg, TPS still about 18%... after MAF value fall down to about 27g/sec and the timing got back to normal again...

If these two values MAF and Ignition on the 2000rpm can be connected somehow? may be it is MAF sensor fault? or may be this is something wrong with Supercharger actuator?? any idia...
    Look at log again. You said there tps is not changed, but I see that when it happens TPS goes to 76, also ETC position for confirmation of this goes to 82, so full throttle, so You get MAF at 150 and airload at 1.38, so timing is pulled (and maybe should not go to -10, but maybe car registers this as error and makes so low timing). But as I see accel pedal is staying as is. I could think that something is commanding full throttle for very short time, but in real as You see desired throttle angle is 13%, so it's not commanded bahavoiur. For me looks You have damaged throttle, or cables to throttle, sometimes cables are short go ground or maybe to +, or PCM itself. To test it, change throttle to follower mode and disable all errors You get after start, this way You are 100 sure nothing is commanding throttle change.
    If You will still get this behaviour, my diagnose is confimed.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

We put throttle body from another mustang, we put another all engine wiring harness from Manual car, we put all engine sensors from another normal working mustang - but still getting the same problem.... (((( so at the moment we think the problem can be possibly with pcm tune only??

Have You tried follower mode as I asked?
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    Have You tried follower mode as I asked?
    We tried but when I up follower mode - we got trouble - orange service key lighted on (no any DTC) and we was not able to turn it off anyhow except turn follower back off. Is that possible to turn off that service key light?

I always got dtc i could disable in follower mode.

You can try another way, set wot pedal pos start to 0, then he should use throttle similar to follower mode.