Thread: 2011 reg cab sierra with l92 engine swap

Tuner in Training

Unhappy 2011 reg cab sierra with l92 engine swap

Hi all ,
    I swapped my 5.3 motor with l92 from a escalade .the problem after the swap is 5 tuner shops have struggle to tune it don't know why and last shop
    took almost 600$ and the car started ok. till every day a p0606 code is popping and truck stopping every wot ? have to stop and rest the code every time .
    the shop is 600 miles away from for that I bought an hp tuners and pulled his tune luckily its not locked .can any one take a look what miss did he make in the tune .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NNBS; 03-17-2014 at 03:59 PM.

where are you located?
    Hers -07 Jeep - SRT-8, Stock for now!
    His -05 GMC - Duramax, CCSB,4x4,LLY
    His -99 GMC - RCSB, 6.0, T-72 front mount, A/W intercooler, 4L80E, and bolt-ons

Tuner in Training
    im working in the middle east thats the problem. i have tried all shops there ,non of them know what they are doing . i dont want to lose more money on nelson or bb tune .when i pulled the tune and look at it i think its a bad tune becuase drivebilty is ****. take a look at the file mybe you find somthing

What are all the specs on setup?

Post up attachment

Tuner in Training
    l92 block and heads from 08 escalade
    all accessories from an 2011 sierra denali (intake ,throttle ,injectors)
    dougthorly headers with offroad y-pipe
    corsa cat back
    afe dry s filter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Return the desired throttle area map A,B,C,D and reduced power mode to stock. Also return the trans input & output max values to stock. I'm sure your trans shifts are poor, look at you stock shift pressures & not much is changed on the shift times.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    yeah trans shifts very rough and not smooth i will change it .if find any thing wrong more tell me. thanks russ

Tuner in Training
    im still getting p0606 code +engine stall