Thread: TB closing during shift

TB closing during shift

I know there will be a few of you stating how this is a bad idea but I fully understand what the consequences are. Cable driven throttle bodies for instance, when I power shift the car as it should be with my foot on the floor the throttle body obviously stays open all the way. How can I make my 2012 LS3 not close the TB when power shifting (not lifting)? Are there tables to manipulate or literally about disabling some sort of clutch switch?

Torque management will close the TB to limit the torque applied to the trans during shifts. This is for automatic trans, not sure about manuals.
    There is also a RPM limiter based on TB, if you hit the limiter it will close the TB. You can disable it and let the ECM limit RPM using only Fuel/Spark
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

This works on mine from info posted a few years ago here.
    Note the the control method & switchover delay table.

I haven't used it since being blown though, afraid I'd blow the drive train up.

NoLiftShift.jpg
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

So, disable the ETC and change the values to 10 in the switchover delay. That will do it?

Thank you Iam Broke. Worked like a charm. Didn't miss a beat, stayed wide open finally!

Take care.

Just reposting what I learned here. Glad it worked.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    So, disable the ETC and change the values to 10 in the switchover delay. That will do it?
    You can use spark or fuel...just don't use ETC and keep the switchover delay in the table longer than it takes you to shift. I do it in my LS3, hasn't had any negative effects on anything.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat