Thread: Help with Log 2008 LNF build

Potential Tuner

Help with Log 2008 LNF build

I am completely new to HP tuners. I have a 2008 Cobalt SS with a ZZP built motor, ported head, cams, and 58/58 turbo and maf relocation. Could one of you experts look at my log and tell me if anything pops out? ( possible problems that may inhibit tuning ).

Thanks
    Jordan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mustangvillian; 03-14-2014 at 01:41 AM. Reason: updated below with log and tune file

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you would get better help posting a tune to see if you missed a limiting factor.
    if it was dyno tuned by a shop, we understand and do what we can with just the log
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

needs a major fuel trim calibration stat
    your idle is super lean..did you switch to an Ethanol based fuel?
    i dont think you did because i see it go super rich in the mid range but it would be nice to know now.

Potential Tuner

tune file

Base File2.hpt

No ethanol, 93 octane
    Last edited by mustangvillian; 03-14-2014 at 02:19 AM.

ok lets try turning off things that give the ecu free range of table use.

1) cam settings set factor values to 1 and copy your cam angle tables into the knock tables. if there is a flash error you want them the same in case the ecu for some reason decides to default to those tables.
    2) dals max effective value is 255. at 255 with duty cycle maxed at wot like you have now your aftermarket turbo may exceed the 28 psi range in a heart beat. the best turners i follow start low on boost then work their way up to their desired level.
    3) dal table should also be smooth. ill attach a picture of the jerkiness i catch in your tune and compare it to one of the dals i completed about a year ago.
    4) optimum torque table the last column on the right is safe to assume once your around 3500 rpm your starting to exceed 98% efficiency and thus after that i would set to 100. these table should also be smooth as well. jerks between cells in the torque modeling programming of the lnf cause major problems resulting in false kr and unstable fuel trims.
    5) set your maf curve data back to stock values. then set the maf base to 1.0 every cell. im gonna get you maf tuning before it blows up.

i will attach the lnf helper file made by BYT a while back. its an excel file that includes tabs for smoothing your data. i highly suggest you copy your data into it and run the smoothing feature. once its complete copy it back into your file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 03-14-2014 at 02:50 AM.

not letting me add the file try this...https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwx...it?usp=sharing

Potential Tuner
    No go on the file. Is it the LTFT+STFT excel spreadsheet? If so I got that, just need some help on setting up the ltft+stft vs maf histogram.