Thread: Idle Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Russ,

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken
    Weld the hole shut.

Russ Kemp

Why am I only seeing the problem when it is hot and in park?
    When the engine is warm and in park/neutral is when it is the least loaded and idle air requirements will always be the lowest at this time - 60 to 80 iac counts are optimal when the engine is warm and in park/neutral. So as Russ says weld the hole shut and start over with a smaller hole or close the throttle if possible to get your iac counts within range. When you put tranny into gear load on engine goes up and iac opens accordingly to keep idle rpm same (hopefully). hope this helps

Senior Tuner
    Did you get the blade back to a dead stop? Did you get this under control OP?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training

Idle help

Guys,

Hello. I'm trying to improve drivability on my truck again. Idle is my first area of interest. There are a variety of issues, but the first one I am wondering about is why it can set and idle nearly perfectly and all of the sudden die or rev up and down a few times and then die. This is not a consistent problem, but I think its may be a contributor to some of my other issues. Looking at the data, the O2 sensors are both switching back and forth before it dies but they both are nearly zero (like 50 - 100 mV) shortly before it dies. I'm wondering if they are getting polluted and at an idle they just can burn off enough crud to work right. Please look at the attached hpl file at a time stamp of approximately 7:53:09. I also included my tune file. Note that this has quite a bit of cam in it. I appreciate the help and suggestions.

Thanks,

Ken
    Attached Files Attached Files