Thread: Daytona Wideband?

Senior Tuner

Daytona Wideband?

Anybody using a Daytona wideband? How's the quality? http://www.daytona-twintec.com/WEGO3.html

Tuner
    The Haltech/Daytona Sensor unit works really well, in my experience. Readings have always matched up well with the AFM1000.
    I found that quote from a forum called efi university In a thread entitled wb best bang for the buck. I'm also looking at the innovative mtx-L mentioned in the wide band thread in the enhanced io section. All the things I find are old info

Advanced Tuner
    Mustang Dyno's use them as standard equipment.

Senior Tuner
    I've decided to go with an AEM wideband. The Daytona by the time you add a gauge gets a little pricy.

Tuner
    Which aem???? I still can't decide

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jason k View Post
    Which aem???? I still can't decide
    I have the 30-4100 kit. Having trouble getting the gauge to read steady. Varies more than .5 in the attached log. Called AEM and talked to a tech said I needed a better ground. Ran a ground directly from battery and still varies. And now haven't been able to get in contact with them again. Might want to consider another brand. Had problems with Innovate too and the tech I talked to even became rude to me. Guess I asked the wrong question, "how to make it work"! lol

By the way, if I get close to stoich I get some slight surging is why you see my average slightly lower.

Tuner
    Finally decided on the innovative mtx-l. Looked easy to set up.

None of the mainstream widebands will compare to the Haltech/Daytona units except the NGK AFX. I run the dual channel Haltech/Daytona on my Dyno Dynamics and have one in my personal race car to monitor each bank. If you are tuning an engine I wouldn't use the Innovates or AEM's personally... remember your tunes are only as accurate as the equipment you use to make your tuning decisions off of!
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    None of the mainstream widebands will compare to the Haltech/Daytona units except the NGK AFX. I run the dual channel Haltech/Daytona on my Dyno Dynamics and have one in my personal race car to monitor each bank. If you are tuning an engine I wouldn't use the Innovates or AEM's personally... remember your tunes are only as accurate as the equipment you use to make your tuning decisions off of!
    Thank you for responding to both posts of mine which Daytona do u have I couldn't decide which was proper the lambada unit or the other and I can't seem to find much info on the differences besides cable length and one says motor cycle 0-5 volt analog output Which I was under the impression that they all were analog 0-5. Been waiting for Daytona to respond to my email On another note in the wideband sticky I did read a few decent reviews on the innovative which is why I decided to try it although I'm thinking of returning it now in favor the Daytona dual. Which I was originally leaning towards especially to get accurate bank to bank fueling info

Tuner
    I bought the Daytona wego 4 last week. Hooked up and calibrated without any issues. Have yet to run any logs with the scanner to see if it reads different than the display unit