Thread: 2012 silvarado 2500hd 6.0 afr error hostograhm,

Tuner in Training

2012 silvarado 2500hd 6.0 afr error hostograhm,

can someone please tell me how to log this histogram I cant get anything to work, what pids do I use and and what do I use for the sensors
    dp I have to somehow set up my wideband,

im loosing faith in hp tuners, u have to be a rocket sciencentist to use this crap, and everyone just says something stupid like keep reading
    iv read my ass off and gone nowher but in circles,
    can anyone help me with tuning ???? loging histograms or how to actually use this stuff???

what do I gotta do to get the information I nee to tune????once acquired what do I change in these new ecus to get power??
    iv manged to get a good trans tune with fats shifts and no torqe management or tcs but tht it
    as far s making power or tuning th maf, I cnt even get it log anything

anyone ????please

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You would need to log commanded afr, actual(wideband afr) and then whatever pid you want to map it against.

For instance if you just want to map it against the maf table you'd need to log MAF(HZ) and then select the maf afr error histogram

over and above that you will likely need to create a custom histogram to YOUR specs.

There are also several demo's on how to do this in the getting started section's sticky so thats a great place to start if you are a person who needs to see how to do it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Jesse,

It is quite obvious you are a new user - which was frustrating for us all at one point in time. Your posts include asking for "starter" tunes, making changes to an A6 that could have been problematic to say the least, and seeking a mentor.

Your current project appears to be a camshaft upgrade (complete with VVT removal) on a 2012 2500 HD that uses an E78 ECM. This is not a novice project. The E78 is very different from the E38 / E67 that many of us have become familiar. I have never touched an E78, and probably never will.

Your options are: take the time to learn how to tune this yourself (many, many hours and more than a few errors) or take it to a reputable tuner for a custom dyno tune.

If you decide you want to learn how to tune this yourself - that's awesome - but it will take hundreds of hours of reading, trial and error, more reading, more trial and error - get the picture ?

There are books, DVDs, and live classes available - it just takes time and money to learn how to tune.

Back when I got serious about tuning, I bet I ran 300+ tune variations on my personal vehicle - nothing more than luck that it survived them all !

This forum is here to answer your questions, but not to hold your hand through every step of the tuning process. If that is the level of support you are seeking, I would suggest signing up for classroom instruction (which can be somewhat costly).

There are many professional tuners on this site, who donate their time to help out by answering questions. Nothing is more annoying than when people expect "free" tunes or in depth instruction - simply because they posted.

I have a habit of disappearing from forums for several months (or permanently) after having become annoyed ...

The bottom line - you need to decide if tuning this vehicle is reasonably within your skill sets, and what is a reasonable time for completion. If you have a year or two, then have at it yourself. If you need it completed in the near future, then you will need the services of a professional tuner.

Tuner in Training
    @shrek ....why is it so hard for someone to help a newbie. I'm not asking for hand out. I'm asking if someone can help. IV read it all.
    Why do I have e to go lay someone when I have all you guys?
    Why cant/won't anyone just teach us.? Your afraid well steal your work? Devalue tuning.
    Why is everyone so secretive about explaining how it works ?
    Advanced or not. I will figure this out. And it would t take years.
    Why isn't there dummy files like a tuned 5.3 check and a stock one ...so somebody who obviously spent the money to get this stuff could actually learn. I read a lot. And to me even the explanations have to be dumbed down. I'm not a 4.0 Harvard graduate.Buy I feel like me asking for. Help is unusual thinking in want u to tune my stuff for. Nothing.
    I really just want someone who doesn't have their nose in the air about it to just help a guy out who wants to learn and can't afford expensive school's I'm a hands on guy if someone never showed me I wouldn't ever get it. I'm not a great reader.
    I'm not saying your a nose In the air guy either.
    I just I'm not gonna lie ..I'm not that smart or rich

Tuner in Training
    So because I asked. for help it's hurting me?

Tuner in Training
    And thanks @bill