Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caddy ATS 2.0T A6 Tuning

Tuner in Training
    I did some more tuning lately and it yielding some serious gains and grunt down low. One thing I noticed is that if you place all of the higher kW in the (Engine>Torque Management>Engine>Driver Demand>Map C Sport/Tow/Eco), the increases associated with the request will not show up in the VCM Scanner for torque associated and Driver Pedal Power PIDs. This had me thinking, if it is not showing up in the scanner how is the ECU interpreting it? I copied the map out of driver demand Map C and also placed it in the primary (default) Map A. Now the full spectrum of POWER and TORQUE appear in the PIDs when data logging with VCM scanner. It doesn't matter if I have the car set to Tour or Sport, I now see the appropriate TQ/kW numbers. I also noticed a big increase in power and response.

I attached a map with the latest changes. I put the stock timing numbers back in however the X axis is altered to account for the higher 1.70 Cylinder Airmass. As a result there is a little more timing above 1.3 g/cyl. I also further reduced the Turbocharger base duty cycle numbers. Max boost with this setup is right around 255 kPa and it holds it pretty well. The max requested boost is 265 kPa. I have this tune running on a couple of cars with no issues so far. The throttle holds shut and there is little to no KR reported under WOT. The power also seems more consistent. Enjoy *AT OWN RISK.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Note: When tuning the car, be sure to data log several sessions prior to making small changes. There is a learning period associated with PID controls (Proportional gain, Integral gain, and Derivative) such as what is used for boost control. I also noticed that the ECM uses predictive analysis for engine control. The ECM seems to predict issues based on past trends and utilizes Knock Retard to thwart problems before they happen. This process requires several driving sessions to learn the tuning changes made. I have seen this in the form of knock retard on the first logging session that will disappear under the same conditions several driving sessions later. I also seen where the boost with overshoot the target in the first few sessions only to have it undershoot by the 3rd or 4th drive. Have fun and I will keep you updated as I learn more.

Anything new to post? Haven't heard from you in a while also has the company you work for made an ats intercooler yet? Seems the ats guys have been quiet on here lately. I found some new info on prop tables and like to compare to what you have found.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    Anything new here?

I recently traded a Trifecta Verano 2.0T for a 2013 ATS 2.0T with awd and have about 60 logs in the couple of months of ownership. My 60-100 are near 7s and much quicker than the Trifecta Buick. This car lobes allot of timing up top on 92 octane.

I did have a E85 tune on the Buick but am having so much fun with the ATS on premium with intake and downpipe I'm not sure it is worth the headache of going corn even though it is about $1.00 cheaper than high test.

Been a long time since posted here and have found so much since then. Have cars with the larger turbo running low 12s high 11s 110-116 mph depending on setup. I run meth on mine and have as much or more timing that way then some using e85. Currently around 16 degrees total timing at 24 lbs boost on mine.