Thread: Fuel mileage tune? Possible?

Fuel mileage tune? Possible?

Finally got the drivability mint and making good numbers too. Fuel mileage has suffered to a loss of about 4-5mpg since cam swap. So I am curious if there is a safe way to tame the tune down to get better mpg's for the work week and such or trips too. Any safe suggestions guys? This way I can load the tame tune when the wife is driving it also...... LOL

any tune done right should yield both peak performance and gas mileage. should be no reason to run more than one tune unless you are running different stoich fuels, nitrous, or possibly in some extreme cases maybe different boost setups if it's maf-dependant.

Anyone else care to share their experiences?

Senior Tuner
    You can use O2 switch points. Scan for the fuel trim cell your PCM is using when in cruise mode. Once you have that info, move your O2 switch points to 350 in that area only. I would leave idle and acceleration switch points stock, you'll gain a couple or more MPG's with it. If your wideband tuning, use the wideband and get yourself in the 15.3 to 15.6 range using switch points
    Last edited by MMGT1; 03-12-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    You can use O2 switch points. Scan for the fuel trim cell your PCM is using when in cruise mode. Once you have that info, move your O2 switch points to 525-530 in that area only. I would leave idle and acceleration switch points stock, you'll gain a couple or more MPG's with it. If your wideband tuning, use the wideband and get yourself in the 15.3 to 15.6 range using switch points
    Is that for a full open loop tune?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    You can use O2 switch points. Scan for the fuel trim cell your PCM is using when in cruise mode. Once you have that info, move your O2 switch points to 525-530 in that area only. I would leave idle and acceleration switch points stock, you'll gain a couple or more MPG's with it. If your wideband tuning, use the wideband and get yourself in the 15.3 to 15.6 range using switch points

Wouldn't you move them down to like 300-350 to lean it out? 525-530 sounds like the normal 14.7 AFR range.
    Bryan

Advanced Tuner
    Lower the number , leaner the mix.

Senior Tuner
    Yes, 350mv switch, not 550... fixed post, it is DOWN to lean
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    Here, this will give you what you need...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=fuel+mileage
    2000 Trans Am WS6