Thread: change my c5 corvette from manual to auto

Tuner in Training

change my c5 corvette from manual to auto

i just need some clarrification on this. i believe what i need to do is find a stock auto file from the repository, do a write entire to my current ecm and then transfer my tune over. is that correct? anybody have a file for a auto c5 that i could start with?

if you find an auto file that has the same OS ID as your manual you can just write cal. No need to write entire.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ilitch View Post
    I'm looking to buy a used C5. Here is my dilema: I always have driven a manual transmission in mustangs I've owned and have always went through a lot of clutches and transmissions! I don't want to experience the same problems if I buy a C5.
    I wanted the frc body style and it only came in a six speed but I'm really more of a drag racer so I swapped it. Last thing I need is a C5 auto file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    if you find an auto file that has the same OS ID as your manual you can just write cal. No need to write entire.
    OK thanks. Now I'm looking for a 99 auto file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    last question. When you say one with the same os as mine, do you know what year models I have to choose from? I'm guessing I can use up till an 04. Is one year better than others?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    it would be from the same year/model as yours to even have a shot at being the same os(the os id can be found in the calibration details window).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    it would be from the same year/model as yours to even have a shot at being the same os(the os id can be found in the calibration details window).
    OK thank you