Thread: 5.3 to 6.0 swap

5.3 to 6.0 swap

hello all i took the 5.3 out of 03 avalanche and installed the same year 6.0. everything is all hooked up and running great other then a random PO300 code. I have copied over all the 6.0 tables i could. I used coils from 5.3 and plugs and wires because they where new. also i used the MAF from the 5.3 i will attach the tune in the truck and let me know if anyone can see anything. I have 5.3 swapped a few s10s but this was a plug and play and feedback would be a huge help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    99 Regal- CT PT 61 turbo, IC, 65# injectors, 1.9s, LT1 MAF, Custom built Trans, 3000 stall converter, 11.84 @ 117 1.81 60'

I did a similar swap in my wife's Yukon. Had some misfire issues until I swapped the coil packs. Somehow, in the process of the swap one of the coils wasn't working quite right. Also check to see that you didn't crack a plug while swapping them over. Might be easier just to replace them just to be sure. A misfire is most likely not a tune issue.
    Last edited by hivoltagedriver; 03-05-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    2017 JKU Rubicon: Purple, long arms, tons, 40s, Banks CAI, Borla cat-back, TD2/HPT tuned, daily.
    2017 GMC Sierra SLT: 6.2/ 8spd. Just getting started on it...

Quote Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver View Post
    I did a similar swap in my wife's Yukon. Had some misfire issues until I swapped the coil packs. Somehow, in the process of the swap one of the coils wasn't working quite right. Also check to see that you didn't crack a plug while swapping them over. Might be easier just to replace them just to be sure. A misfire is most likely not a tune issue.
    I swaped out crank sensor and did the relearn seems good now?
    99 Regal- CT PT 61 turbo, IC, 65# injectors, 1.9s, LT1 MAF, Custom built Trans, 3000 stall converter, 11.84 @ 117 1.81 60'