Thread: Strange rich spot with forced induction E40 tune

Strange rich spot with forced induction E40 tune

Howdy all, I had better put some details of the build of the engine first. The engine is a 404 cube cast iron block with trickflow heads 225cnc Harrop HTV2300 pd blower fitted. static compression is 9.6:1 and the computer is the E40 ls2 type. The cam I am running is 226/[email protected]" with .600 lift 114LSA. We have already compiled a scaled SD VE tune and now we are doing a Maf SD tune using a 100mm maf tube and GM Ls7 sensor. The tune is almost finished and it is intended to be a bit lean at cruise on the highway. We are aiming for 3 % lean at highway cruise. We are asking for opinions on the rich spot which is occurring at around 5200hz . Frame 4940 - 4969 on our attached scan 61 shows the spot. The rich spot seems to be proceeded by a leaner condition and then goes rich.
    That area there is most likely where the cam starts to work naturally aspirated and there is a rush of air past the Wo2, maybe making the wo2 read incorrectly for a moment. the maf curve is smooth although I thought I may have had some sort of maf fail when I saw the rich spot. It does appear a few times in this scan at highway cruise.
    I would like to hear from anybody who has experienced this in the past.
    I will attempt to attach the scan and tune Thanks Russell

scan 61.hplBoostedLS2_R1_Timing_Exercise.hpt The attachment did not want to play the game the first time, but this is the tune and scan that I am referring to.

Can anyone help here?

Well I have not had a reply from anyone and it is still doing this rich thing when it feels like it. I will attach the latest tune and scan with the frame 719 -750 where it goes rich. it goes from 15.0 to 13.7 and then goes back to normal and then not much further on it does it again. I am thinking it is not the wo2 reading wrong as the injector duty cycle increases from 5 to 6% during the rich spot.
    The rich spot happens at cruise from 70kms upwards in speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Russell95.hplBoostedLS2_R1_Timing_Exercise 32.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Force, I am leaning toward the "Cly Charge Temp Bias vs Airflow" table. I am trying to find a little more info here on how to properly tune that dam table. Ive seen a couple of posts here a while back on tuning that table but quite frankly, it was wayyyy over my head. Ill see what i can do to try and research that table some more for us.
    If anyone seeing this has a link to a good write up on that table, or is willing to teach us how to tune this table, please throw us a bone here...lol I just have a gut feeling its that table that is getting us there bud
    2000 Trans Am WS6