Thread: Mustang 2007 GT 5.0 Supercharged

Mustang 2007 GT 5.0 Supercharged

We have KenneBell Stage 2 Supercharger kit and Cold Air intake with filter in the bumper. But strange thing occur, we looking to ECM scanner and see IAT numbers kinda 60-70 C during idle even, sometimes we were able to see it even as high as 75 C, actuall air temp on the street is about 5 C only. Any idea why it can see so strange numbers??

Where is the temp sensor located?

If one is in intake manifold, it's quite normal.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

I'm not really sure which one does vcm scanner reads? Could it be sensor from intake manifold or maf sensor may be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    I'm not really sure which one does vcm scanner reads? Could it be sensor from intake manifold or maf sensor may be ?
    From the factory on this vehicle, there is only one air temp sensor, and it is part of the MAF sensor. When you put a blower on, the air temp sensor needs to be relocated. If it is a centrifugal blower setup, its easier to just put the MAF after the blower so you are reading the correct air temp.

If you have a positive displacement type blower, you normally have to get a separate air temp sensor, and put it in the intake after the intercooler, and wire it into the 2 wires that are for the MAF IAT sensor.

That's looks like we have second type of setup and iat placed in the intake many, since maf 2 wires are cut. So that temps looks normal for this case, should that placement of iat sensor must to be noted in the PCM software? I just trying to make sure everything in the our PCM inputed right except fuel and ignition maps... Or may be we made some mistake in our calibration file

You need to make new iat spark table.