Thread: Finding LD9 tune for 99 s10 2.2 ln2

Potential Tuner

Finding LD9 tune for 99 s10 2.2 ln2

Have heard about the LD9 reflash onto the s10 LN2 computer but im not sure where to find the LD9 tune. I no im a newb at the tuning seen and yes ive searched. Ive ordered my hptuners so it should be here in a few days. I was reading a post that said the LD9 tune was already on the hp software but i havnt seen it yet since it hasnt showed up. If its not how would i go about finding the tune and would i need credits for the Ln2 to get into my stock tune then credits for the ld9 tune to flash it on. Any help would be appreciated.
    Some info on my build
    98 s10 with zn4 option code so basically a 99
    5speed stock motor
    44lb injectors form racetronix
    t3 turbo
    Compressor Wheel Trim: 55
    Compressor A/R: 0.50
    Turbine Wheel Trim: 73
    Turbine A/R: 0.63
    hoping for atleast 150 to the wheels

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you need credits every time a vin changes. credits are tied to vin numbers so in short yes, you would need 4 credits. 2 for the ln2 and 2 for the ld9.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    so i essentially change my ln2 vin over to a ld9 vin so i need to find the tune and a vin# for an ld9?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you found an ld9 tune in the hpt repository it will have a vin attached to it. in order to make adjustments on or flash that vin you will have to register it to your account by coughing up 2 credits.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I have done this to many J Bodies (both mine and my wife's included), but not S10's. Have you confirmed of anybody in the S10 world of actually doing this?

P&P Tuning

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    I have done this to many J Bodies (both mine and my wife's included), but not S10's. Have you confirmed of anybody in the S10 world of actually doing this?
    There's a guy on s10forum that says he did the only issue he had was the tune was for auto. But i found a mt tune as i have a 5speed the tune should work no issue. I understand how to change the injector constant for my injectors from what i understand i shouldn't have to much tuning after that to get it on the road since its already tuned for boost my wastegate is set at 6psi so i should be ok til i can get my friend to come over and give me some pointers. Hes been tuning with hpt his foxbody w/ lq4 turbo th400. Hes putting down quite a bit more power than i ever plan on. My only issue i can see is i bought the standard tuner so i cant tie my lc1 into it.