Thread: LS1 Cam idling, please help

Tuner in Training

LS1 Cam idling, please help

Having trouble dialing in my idle on 2004 Corvette LS1. It has a 269/.551 278/.551 cam and an A&A supercharger with 60 lb injectors. I have attached my tune, if someone would help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. The idle fluctuates and has a surge at cruise speeds. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    So i got idle good but still have pesky surge at cruise and seems underpowered any ideas, anyone? kolfervetteSCmod.hpt

First off.
    1. Your Low Octane spark has higher spark values than your High octane spark tables in certain areas.
    2. Your base spark vs. RPM closed throttle, in drive table should be the same or at least close as your High Octane table in the areas 0-1200rpm and .08-.28g/cyl to help with your spark transition. Your dropping 10-17 degrees in certain low speed areas 0-2000rpm .08-.28g/cyl.

Work on your timing in those areas and see if that helps. After you get that done, and that does not fix it, I would move toward the throttle cracker next. You probably need to adjust that. Start small with muiltiplying like .95(5%) to .90(10%). What I do is while I am driving, I try to find the vehicle speed and rpm it occurs at and adjust that area.
    Last edited by STR8BALLN; 02-28-2014 at 07:09 AM.