Thread: sudden and huge dynamic airflow change

sudden and huge dynamic airflow change

0411 ecu, gmpp 530 ls3 with lingenfelter 60-2 to 24x convertor. maf is maf for the 0411, 02 sensors are for the 0411.

ecu has sudden and dramatic dynamic (map sensor calculated) airflow change. suddenly the dynamic will go to half or lower than maf and the fuel trims go way up so it's obviously following the map calculation. but this just happens out of nowhere, at steady state or even decel. it will be tracking just fine (maf and dynamic nearly identical) and then suddenly the change.

in both logs you need to go to nearly the end to catch it.

tune is pretty close to stock 0411 with some ve table changes for the cam in the ls3, but nothing is too different. if you look through the whole log, you'll see the ve table isn't too bad, maf reading and dynamic track pretty close.

it will also give p0101 code and no surprise there considering the differential between maf and map.

anyone ever have this happen?

help please!
    Attached Files Attached Files

nobody??
    come-on, please. did i not include enough info?
    tuned this car in speed density and it's perfect.
    reconnect the maf and put the maf setting back (take it out of SD mode) and same thing. so it can't be my ve table is no good.
    any help please...

Tuner in Training
    MAF needs a clean?

Looks like your Maf Hz drops the same time as the dyn cylair. I would replace the Maf, common problem.

Russ Kemp

hi russ, thanks for reply. i should have mentioned tried 3 different mafs and a different ecu. always the same.
    runs great on SD, guess that's where i'm going to leave it.
    only other thing i can think is something with the harness, the 5v line. but then it would affect it in SD as well, correct?