Thread: LS1 into 2000 Silverado - KR Problem with light load

Potential Tuner

LS1 into 2000 Silverado - KR Problem with light load

Hey guys im having some knock retard issues that no one can seem to figure out including a tuner friend of mine that does it for a living. I put a LS1 out of my 99 camaro that was running great into a 2000 Chevy Silverado that had a worn out 5.3l in it. The swap went great but now that its all back together and running im having a lot of knock retard (not audible) on very lilttle throttle and load while moving. It will also show knock when I put it in gear and hold the brake while giving it gas. It has no knock what so ever when i rev it in park or neutral. Ive tested the knock sensor harness and sensors themselves and they check out fine.

As far as the build goes I had the same engine running in my camaro days before the swap with no issues or knock. The LS1 has heads and cam, 5.3l truck intake, truck accessories, stock manifolds and exhaust, aftermarket air intake, and a walbro in the tank.

One other thing i notied was that after i shut the truck off the fuel pressure bleeds off a pound or two per second. When the truck is running or driving there isnt any fluctuation in fuel pressure. Is this normal even considering its a walbro pump?

Im just wondering if there is something im missing here or if someone might be able to give me a clue as into what i should check etc. Ive attached my current tune and log. Thanks for any feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Are you using the truck pcm or the camaro pcm? Could be the camaro knock sensors aren't working correctly with the truck pcm if that is how you have it connected.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gagliano7 View Post
    Are you using the truck pcm or the camaro pcm? Could be the camaro knock sensors aren't working correctly with the truck pcm if that is how you have it connected.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried both PCM's with the same. Is there something I could be doing wrong in that regard? I took the camaro pcm out and did a write entire with the tune i had in the truck pcm in order to get back VIN etc. Should I leave the camaro PCM flashed with the camaro tune (same OS tune Etc) and then change the VIN etc with HP Tuners? Ill be honest its my first PCM swap and im not sure how to properly do it.