Thread: Shifting from 2nd to 3rd 2010 camaro.

Advanced Tuner

Shifting from 2nd to 3rd 2010 camaro.

Well guys i been having this little problem shifting from 2nd to 3rd, it jumps like 300 rpm's or it slips.
    It happens every other time, I have tune it like the tuning school but it does the same thing so right now i just got it back to stock and just move a few tables see if it works but it still doing it. It happen at WOT to , what can it be tranny its new maybe 3k miles on it.

camaro 2010, cam, LT, 3600 circle d converter
    Heres the tune and a log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    First thing to do is check the oil level. I am not sure on Camaros, but on vettes they like to be overfilled by half a quart or so.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Why are all the pressure pattern select fields changed? Leave them stock. Also I add 60 PSI shift pressure over stock, your pressures are mostly less than stock.

I wouldn't disable the upshift torque reduction. Return the shift torque factor adder & adder modifier tables to stock, then multiply the cold multiplier table by .5 to reduce the shift torque reduction by 50%.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Will try that Russ Kemp.

Advanced Tuner
    Your problem is in the trans tables. The shift transition time in the 6L80s is EXTREMELY lazy and there's a lot that can be improved here.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Why are all the pressure pattern select fields changed? Leave them stock. Also I add 60 PSI shift pressure over stock, your pressures are mostly less than stock.

I wouldn't disable the upshift torque reduction. Return the shift torque factor adder & adder modifier tables to stock, then multiply the cold multiplier table by .5 to reduce the shift torque reduction by 50%.

Russ Kemp
    I change the tables the only thing i'm wondering is where you say to add 60 PSI shift pressure over stock. You talking about the Max Pressure taht is at 109 psi or the Max line pressure?