Thread: p1260 and wont start

Advanced Tuner

p1260 and wont start

After replacing the supercharger gasket it won't start. It seems to fire on cylinder but wont start. I have fuel and spark. I checked codes and i have a p1260-last test failed failed SCC enter. Hers a log of it turning over.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    86 Fiero Convertible 3800sc/4T65E HD(2002)

It's a VATS code, so its not allowing it to get fuel and stay running.

Do a security relearn and it should let it start again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's a VATS code, so its not allowing it to get fuel and stay running.

Do a security relearn and it should let it start again.
    I reloaded the tune and it's still the same with the exception of the code. I went back and looked and it said history immature. I never did the security learn in the beginning I just disabled the vats and all was well. This was done as I have a 3800sc in a fiero with no vats. But when I did have that problem in the beginning it would run for a few seconds then shut off. This one seems like on every revolution one cylinder fires. I did check and there's spark as well as the spark plugs are wet so I believe it's getting fuel.

Hmm.

Just others things to check then is spark plug wire routing and making sure the harness wires are all plugged in. Maybe unhooking the battery and resetting the PCM?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I was playing around testing the icm and crank sensors as per

http://easyautodiagnostics....gnition_module_1.php

I followed it through and all is good until i got to part 6 where you test the signal from the 3x and it says if the led blinks, the ICM is bad. Well mine blinked, but i have spark. I quickly replaced the icm and it's still not running. At least before it sounded like it wanted to run and now it just cranks over. I went out and went step by step in that manual and with the new to me icm, it's still blinking showing it too is nfg. Am I doing something wrong? What are the chances of two being nfg. It has to be something else.

P1260 is for the fuel pump speed control circuit. Do you have fuel pressure?

Russ Kemp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    P1260 is for the fuel pump speed control circuit. Do you have fuel pressure?

Russ Kemp
    Yep 45+. I have fuel and spark. Once I cleared the code, none have come back.

Advanced Tuner
    I just used a node light tester and all injectors are working as they should. I verified there's spark to all cylinders and pulled the number 4 plug and it was wet so i figured i'll stick my finger in there to see compression, woowwee that was fun. As soon as I hit the remote starter, the biggest backfire i've had to date. That sumbitch blew the rubber exhaust tubing off both exhaust pipes but not only that, it blew the Y apart as well. My ears are still a ringing and the engines still not runnin.

Advanced Tuner
    Good news she's running now. Phondawgs was right with the plugs being out of order, guess when I swapped coil/icm I got a few out due to the way I was reading the slanted numbers and where the poles are located. BUT that did not get it started, after I got the plug wires back in order it would crank as before but still wouldn't start. So I put in the new plugs and I don't think she ever fired up so quick. The plugs were soaked and were sooty black from it running rich but no carbon build up or nothing like that but whatever the new plugs seemed to do the trick. I'm still going to put back the old coil/icm to see if that is I fact still good and then keep it as a spare. As for the testing procedure that I posted above for the 3/18x signals is only if there's no spark to begin with as they aid in the spark which is why I was confused at first with that.