Thread: car randomly acting up, p2177 code

car randomly acting up, p2177 code

Anyone have any input on what could be going on here? Car was running fine then all of a sudden yesterday the idle was real rough and sounded like it wanted to stall out. Hooked up the scanner to it and it read maxed out positive fuel trims, 1.997 lambda at all times but still drove fine...

Checked for vac leaks and boost leaks, found a few boost leaks but no vac leaks. But the car drives fine, just idles like ass...

Also the car reeks of gas when idling, and even when driving I still noticed a smell inside the car. Checked spark plug 1 and it was black as hell. So theres no way this thing is running lean lol

My thought to this point so far is a bad o2 sensor? But thats why Im posting this to get some others inputs.

Ill post a couple logs when I get to my laptop, currently at work.
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Test 02 sensor, maf sensor, and look for pre 02 sensor exhaust leaks. The exhaust leaks usually show up as place powder stains. If caught on startup sometime moisture escapes and leaves a water drip. If this is your 09 ss if recommend inspecting injector seals they seem to get eaten up rather fast for some reason.

Injector seals are fine, I just checked those when I installed the turbo. How do I test the maf sensor, just unplug it and see if it runs better? Same for the o2 sensor, is there a specific way to test this? As for exhaust leaks, I couldn't hear any or see any but I'm going to take the charge pipe and wastegate off and re tighten the bolts. It sucks I cant get a torque wrench up in there...

Well I ruled out the maf sensor, o2 sensor and any exhaust leak. I guess there is a vacuum leak somewhere in there....just gotta find it...any suggestions on things to do?

Anyone think the intake air sensor could be causing this?