Thread: MAP Sensor Relocation

Tuner in Training

MAP Sensor Relocation

I'm currently porting and shaving a NNBS/TBSS intake plenum and I was wondering if I could move the MAP sensor to the back of the intake and use a T fitting to splice into the brake booster vacuum line and put the sensor there. This would allow me to shave the top of the intake completely smooth and not have to modify the harness. (PCV is being relocated also)

Would this cause any problems or hinder the performance of the MAP sensor and PCM?

From what I've read it doesn't seem to hinder performance. Has anyone else done this?

The longer away the sensor is, the longer it takes to respond. The TBSS sensor is right up front about 4" from the TB. When I ported my manifold, I cut it in two, removed the center pipe which restricts the rear pass cyl terrible and the front drivers side. Basically opened up the whole manifold and shortened the runners as well for more even airflow and better high RPM flow (worth ~20hp). I left my map sensor right where it was and did not move it. If you do choose to move it, dont tie it into the PCV as it will not read accurately. I cant see why to move it personally. I removed the center post and made the top smooth where the support in the center is as well. If you cut the manifold, make sure to buy the proper bonding agent that is meant for NYLON. Pretty much nothing else will hold. I think the best one is a marine version, but the name escapes me. If you want a pic of the manifold ported what it looks like done, text me. 262 391-9974 Walter
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project