Thread: 5.3L Swap to 6.2L

Tuner in Training

5.3L Swap to 6.2L

have a 2007 Sierra 5.3L (new body style). swaping engine to a 6.2L the donor 2007 Denali/Yukon 6.2L. going to delete the vvt of the 6.2L do i just copy and paste all the info of a 6.2L to my 5.3L? Need help on tuning for a 6.2L.

UPDATE.

ANYONE?
    I just need Help if im in the right direction. i have a 5.3L and a 4L60 trans. my friend has a 6.2L and a 6L80 we are going to swap engines and trans. as well as engine harness as well as PCM . to i just do a VIN write and leave everything how it is? should start up just right?

Update:

cancel that im just going to do an engine swap. my 2007 sierra 5.3L to a 2007 Denali 6.2L engine and vise verse. i just copy and paste all the engine parameters? from one pcm to the other pcm and so on.?
    Last edited by MarcoTechRGV; 02-09-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Attachment 42775Attachment 42776

Anyone HELP.. ..

im getting ready to finishing up the engine on the Denali / Yukon and i need some help if i can just copy and paste everything or i just need to copy and past a few things..... they are both full stock vehicles. I was want them to run normal like if each one had that engine since the beginning. deleting the VVT on yukon. nothing serious or hard. PLZ.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MarcoTechRGV; 02-09-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Tuner in Training
    ok i just swapped a 6.2L for a 5.3L in a Yukon. all the hard labor done just need the car to start.. lol First:

I disable the FLEX FUEL / the VVT and the DOD
    since it has different injectors i copied and past the injectors flow rate, spark, start up, idle RPM and airflwo, Cyl. Vol., as much as i thought it need to be change from a 5.3L file to the yukons ECM.

the only thing i dint move at all was the

Airflow - MAF Calibration -( Airflow vs. Freq. Low ) AND
    ( Airflow vs. Freq. High )
    AND

Electronic Throttle - Desired Throttle Area - ( Map A - Normal ) / ( Map B - Winter/4wd ) AND ( Map C - Sport/Tow).

The car cranks .. but no start.. is it the tune?

first file yukon stock
    2nd file actual tune on yukon with 5.3L vvt disble and dod disable
    3rd file use to copy files 2007 sierra 5.3L

Tuner in Training
    Ok checked fuel pressure.... checked spark. ... i think is the injectors. .. Either in the tune or.. Maybe not compatible with ECM or calibrated wrong.

So you kept the 4L60E trans, and then did a write entire with the Yukon file? If so, you need to just copy & paste the necessary engine tables from the Yukon into the Silverado PCM.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    So you kept the 4L60E trans, and then did a write entire with the Yukon file? If so, you need to just copy & paste the necessary engine tables from the Yukon into the Silverado PCM.

Russ Kemp
    Thanks for the info.

Yes the Yukon kept the trans. 6L80 and just copy and paste almost everything (on the engine side of the tune).... but the vehicle seems not to have injector pulse. There is spark and fuel pressure... Some have advice it needs a crank sensor reset (sensor initialisation).. others that is the injectors size calibrated wrong. . Others something todo with the fuel pump module...

Tomorrow calling a friend from Chevy to reset crank sensor with tech2 if no luck I'll just put the originals injectors for the 6.2L ( even though I don't think that is the problem but I'm running out of ideas). I'll let you know if it fixed it.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so.. found our that the injectors are not been grounded by the pcm.... already checked all grounds specially the one in front of the head witch is 2 of them and the one close to the coolant sensor or power steering pump..... already did a CKP re - learning and. No change... used some starting fluid and walla... It start up... so now going to used another PCM...

Now my question is.... I'm I going to loose my license to the pcm to tune since I'm changing PCM... Or it goes by VIN?

Disable the vats. Still not sure what is swapped around. And yes, the license is for the PCM, not the vin.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if I miss it. . But can't find anywhere the VATS disable screen or button.

Update: found it was on the OS tab didn't even realized there was that tab. But still got no
    Ground on Injectors. ... even with the VATS disable. More and more I think I'm f..... And
    Need a new pcm.
    Last edited by MarcoTechRGV; 02-13-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Disable the vats. Still not sure what is swapped around. And yes, the license is for the PCM, not the vin.

Russ Kemp
    Swapped: a 6.2L for a 5.3L engine for engine with intake / throttle / injectors / sensors / etc.
    Tuned: did a VVT disable and pretty much just copy and paste all the parameters of the stock tune of the 5.3L to the 6.2L (TUNE)

i got it to start but it idles bad and it sounds bad.. so i checked it out and its leaning it out. no misfires, but very lean and no power. i can barely move

Tuner
    did you copy MAF calibration as well?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ke5gnz View Post
    did you copy MAF calibration as well?
    Yes I did... i move everything on the ENGINE / ENGINE DIAG / FUEL SYS. tabs and still no power.

But did not swap MAF sensors.. does it matter?
    Last edited by MarcoTechRGV; 02-14-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Tuner in Training

Injectors stock tune

Ok I need the help of someone's tune.. stock tune... I'm looking for the stock tune for these injectors
    Looking at the engine LEFT INJECTORS (part# 0630 686 08) and RIGHT INJECTORS (part# 0630 686 07) a GMT009 truck 5.3L from 07... maybe 08. If someone can provide me with the stock tune. ..plz.

Note: you can look at the part number of the injectors just by opening the hood of your truck. .. Really need that stock tune. .. Any one. ..
    Last edited by MarcoTechRGV; 02-15-2014 at 10:24 PM.