Thread: failed maf setup

Advanced Tuner

failed maf setup

How does one setup and tune the failed maf table on 05 ford mustangs? Do I disable the maf, set it up on open loop, and see afr error on a histogram recording load vs rpm vs tps? Or do I record load , in the pid, instead of afr error?

And how do I set it in open loop but also able to go into WOT mode or power enrichment? I was tuning the maf in open loop but at wot it was still dictating 1 lambda. I'm assuming I change cold base fuel ? Since base fuel wasn't setup for 1 lambda but .89 and according to the logger, the pcm was commanding 1 and the only table I saw that affected it was the cold fuel base table which was at 1.

Cheers

To set up the failed MAF, you need to input the actual load values that those RPM and TPS breakpoints. A histogram would make it very easy.

Advanced Tuner
    So if I understand correctly, I setup a histogram of rpm and tps with 'load' as input ? How is 'load' determined? I'm assuming the MAF has to be tuned first then the pcm determines the new load value with failed maf?

And how can 'power enrichment' be setup when going open loop? Lambda was steady at 1.00 even at wot.

Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    So if I understand correctly, I setup a histogram of rpm and tps with 'load' as input ? How is 'load' determined? I'm assuming the MAF has to be tuned first then the pcm determines the new load value with failed maf?

And how can 'power enrichment' be setup when going open loop? Lambda was steady at 1.00 even at wot.
    Post your stock file and modded file and let me see how you have it setup.

I always get the MAF curve dialed in first, then do the load with failed MAF, since load will not be correct unless you have proper injector data and the MAF curved dialed in. Then you can populate the table.

Advanced Tuner
    that answers some questions.

Here is the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have the modded file to? I like to be able to compare easily so I can see what has been changed.

Advanced Tuner
    Let me rename the files so there is no confusion.

Here we go,

and thanks for your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can safely adjust the Open Loop Delay Ramp up to a higher number to ramp the fueling in quicker. The file you have named stock is not a stock file though. You may need to adjust the MAF further in the WOT region to reach the commanded lambda value.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    You can safely adjust the Open Loop Delay Ramp up to a higher number to ramp the fueling in quicker. The file you have named stock is not a stock file though. You may need to adjust the MAF further in the WOT region to reach the commanded lambda value.
    Eric, you meant increasing the Open Loop Delay BLEND Ramp. Right?

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    i would assume i would need to decrease the "delay" to 0?

for ex the "OL DELAY RAMP" is at 0.. which immediately "blends" fuel that i commanded in "fuel base" correct?

I would then assume the "OLD DELAY BLEND RAMP" to be set to its maximum which is 1.0

does open loop reference "fuel base" or "fuel base cold" ? because as stated, I set the car in open loop and went "WOT" and commanded fuel was 1.0 lambda it never richened up to .89 or whatever settings I put.

The way I set the mustang in open loop was by disabling LTFT, and maxxing out CL o2 sensor temp as well as maxing out "closed loop delay"

i know the "stock" file is not stock, but that's how it was when i read it straight from the car so i consider it the "stock" file. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Tuner in Training
    Having exact same issue

No matter what i do to the customers 05 Mustang, I get lambda 1 (14.7 afr) even at wide open throttle

for ex the "OL DELAY RAMP" is at 0.. which immediately "blends" fuel that i commanded in "fuel base" correct?

I would then assume the "OLD DELAY BLEND RAMP" to be set to its maximum which is 1.0

does open loop reference "fuel base" or "fuel base cold" ? because as stated, I set the car in open loop and went "WOT" and commanded fuel was 1.0 lambda it never richened up to .89 or whatever settings I put.

The way I set the mustang in open loop was by disabling LTFT, and maxxing out CL o2 sensor temp as well as maxing out "closed loop delay"

i know the "stock" file is not stock, but that's how it was when i read it straight from the car so i consider it the "stock" file. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Eric, you meant increasing the Open Loop Delay BLEND Ramp. Right?

Russ Kemp
    Correct. Brain fart on my part.

To put it in open loop, set the OL Fuel TPS Thresh to zero. That's all you need to do.

Fuel Base is what is referenced at WOT.
    Last edited by Eric@HPTuners; 02-12-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Tuner in Training
    To put it in open loop, set the OL Fuel TPS Thresh to zero. That's all you need to do.

Fuel Base is what is referenced at WOT.
    Eric

This is the same exact issue Im having with a customers 05 Mustang GT, there must be something going on with this model?
    I forced OL the same way as "cesar" and it still wouldnt command anything richer than Lambda 1 (scanner reported OL)

Do you think the OL Fuel TPS thresh setting to "0" would make any difference?
    I dont have the car here to test

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ptharris View Post
    Eric

This is the same exact issue Im having with a customers 05 Mustang GT, there must be something going on with this model?
    I forced OL the same way as "cesar" and it still wouldnt command anything richer than Lambda 1 (scanner reported OL)

Do you think the OL Fuel TPS thresh setting to "0" would make any difference?
    I dont have the car here to test

Phil
    I've never tried it that way. The way I suggested is the way I have always done it.

To set up the failed MAF, you need to input the actual load values that those RPM and TPS breakpoints. A histogram would make it very easy.
    But this is not working for some reason in any car I tested.

if someone could make test on their car or customer would be great. Disconnect MAF and log Your fuel trims, idle or part throttle driving. Then change LWFM tables lot and go for test again, check if fuel trims has changed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by caniggia; 04-20-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl