Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Regal GS, Auto

Tuner in Training
    So with the spare PCM in the car, I can flash it... but it still reads the VIN original to that PCM.
    Can't change the vin because it says it's not licensed.
    The car won't start.

So after 48 hours of playing with it I have a dead 2013 Regal GS and I'm out 4 credits.

Tuner in Training
    Just an update... 4 or so days into this thing. Still can't get the VIN changed. Took it to 2 different performance shops and neither could change the VIN.

What the hell? I could change the VIN for free on many models. Maybe this is something specific to E39? Known issue?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Tuner in Training
    HPT support told me I need to have full year support for both models to do a VIN change.. which would cost an additional 22 credits for these particular models.
    I asked and read and asked and read for 2-3 months before trying to do this... not one time did I read or see anything that said I couldn't use a backup PCM.
    Over a week into this ordeal, still no solution.

Potential Tuner
    Regal is "Global Architecture". GM design all Global A modules to be latched, once any control module (pcm, tcm, radio, etc) is installed in a vehicle and programmed, the VIN is latched and is not able to be used in any other vehicle.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you can use a backup ecu. buy a blank no vin ecu from the factory and have the coded vin number entered in. cobalt's and solstice owners do it
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman