Thread: boost cutout @ 6 psi

boost cutout @ 6 psi

TT Base 2 bar.hptlog 10.hpl
    files attached

car hits 6 psi and cuts out, if i ease into it and stay below 6 psi it wont cut out

lq9
    224 cam / springs
    th350 trans
    3500 stall
    twin turbo mp 60-1
    50mm wg 5 psi spring
    intercooled
    2 bar map
    2 bar os
    pluges gapped to .030
    new wires
    truck coils
    grounds checked

i have been reading for days and cant find any threads that didnt dead end
    i played with map offset, p0106, dtcs, leaned it out, richened it up, added timing, took some away
    just been driving and tuning
    the car dont really seem be hurt i let off as soon as i hear it cut and boost holds while its cutting out

im lost, im willing to work with anyone willing to help may take me some time to do more logs but i will keep updated

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSXstang94 View Post
    TT Base 2 bar.hptlog 10.hpl
    files attached

car hits 6 psi and cuts out, if i ease into it and stay below 6 psi it wont cut out

lq9
    224 cam / springs
    th350 trans
    3500 stall
    twin turbo mp 60-1
    50mm wg 5 psi spring
    intercooled
    2 bar map
    2 bar os
    pluges gapped to .030
    new wires
    truck coils
    grounds checked

i have been reading for days and cant find any threads that didnt dead end
    i played with map offset, p0106, dtcs, leaned it out, richened it up, added timing, took some away
    just been driving and tuning
    the car dont really seem be hurt i let off as soon as i hear it cut and boost holds while its cutting out

im lost, im willing to work with anyone willing to help may take me some time to do more logs but i will keep updated

Most likely it's because of the extra load brought on by boost.

Its hard to see exactly what's going on when you don't log the proper Parameters. You say you have a 2 bar, where is it in the scanner? Looking at your VE table, you have an awful lot of efficiency going on at 1 bar don't you think? Most likely the cause.
    Last edited by GPGTP; 02-02-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

That tune is a mess. Too much to list. Tune it. No reason to command 11.3 AFR when not in boost. No reason to command that much fuel at low boost levels. Too much fuel, not enough timing, VE table isn't right. Stop logging the MAF. The scanner will reference it and pull it back into your tune and throw it back into the equation. That will screw up your ability to get anything right.

Log it with a Wideband. increase TPS % required to hit PE because you don't need it at that low of a throttle or low of a point in your VE table. Fix your scanner so you're logging a 2-bar sensor, no MAF, add ignition voltage, AFR commanded hi res, wideband, AFR% error, remove LTFT's.

Might want to start with a professional mail-order tune from someone with a reputation for greatness like Frost or Hi-tech Tuning and work on it from there. It'll save you a bunch of time. If you have the time and don't want to spend the relatively small amount of money then read and comprehend everything in the stickies.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

i wouldnt mind ordering a tune if someone will leav it unlocked so i can adjust timing , the only reason i set up so much fuel and so little timing is to keep from blowing it up , i am working on the scanner and fixing the tune right now, i need a dry day but i will do what you said and upload another tune and some logs,

i have to watch my wideband i dont have pro ,
    i did pull the plugs and look at them, looked fine but i changed them anyways and went to a .028 gap

THANKS for the info, please dont get fustrated if i ask dumb questions im working at it lol

Just did a TON of reading, Learned how to use the paste special, now i can actually dial in the VE, i was under the impression i had to enter them manually... this is getting better and better lol

also found out why my 2 bar map PID wasnt working

hope its dry tomorrow evening
    Last edited by LSXstang94; 02-02-2014 at 11:04 PM.

well i started over today, finally got the scanner doing what i want it to do, was trying to work on a good tune but its still to wet out and i keep spinning, and i got pulled over so i shut her down,

for some stupid reason everytime i retune it dont wanna start the fitst time, once i get it to stay running it resterts fine everytime , even days later until i reflash it again

got the starting issue solved today, making progress, i only have a few minutes a day to play with it when i work but its coming together

Tuner
    Mine always wants to die after loading a new tune. I was under the impression that's normal. Always starts up the 2nd time just fine. Most of the time I can feather the gas on the first startup to keep it from dying. Good luck with tuning it, shit aint easy.

Since you didnt post your tune I cant see what you have done, however that said - look under engine diagnostics, general, P0068 and max all the tables. I had a similar issue and you may be flowing more air than the computer wants to see and is shutting you down. For me it was at ~7psi IIRC. Basically your esceeding the airflow for a given TPS/RPM/MAP/Delta.

Once you do this IF it fixes it, be careful as the boost and RPM will rise really fast and if your tune is off you dont want to be lean. I like to ride the brakes a tad and do it in 2nd gear at half to 70% throttle so speedings not too much of an issue law wise, and it will create load to help show KR as if at WOT. Riding the brakes some will also slow the RPM rise so you can let out of it if it goes lean or you see KR. Hope this helps, the first time I did this exact fix I didnt ride the brakes, and even at half throttle RPMs shot up so fast and so high I hit the limiter and logged a little lean. Id also recomond setting the limiter lower to say 5000rpm and tune 1000rpm at a time if this is the initial tune. Things happen fast when the boost ramps in.
    Last edited by gn2beatu; 02-13-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project