Thread: bad maf or is this normal

Tuner in Training

bad maf or is this normal

On the scan attached, at every wide open throttle you can see how the calc cylair value has several spikes. The maf frequency is a little spikey too but it seems like the calc cylair is amplified a bit. Is it normal for it to spike like this, or is my calibration off, or is my maf bad? Thanks for any help!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Tuner in Training
    Really no one?

Senior Tuner
    I've never seen a MAF read that high at idle and low speeds. I would say it needs replacing. If you can get your hands on a different one to try before you buy a new one, I'd go that route first. Looking at your WOT stuff Id have to say you do need a bigger MAF anyway. What are you using there? You may want to invest in a Card Style MAF and install it in a 100mm tube with an airflow straightener. Also, are you using a wideband to do this? I'm not seeing one in your scan. Sorry, but one more thing, I'd also get the bits down to 24 or less in your scan to increase the accuracy of results your getting in playback.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    Thanks MMGT1,
    here is another scan where I only used 20. sorry I didn't post the config earlier but here it is now. I am using an ngk wideband. This scan is with another maf just like it and it still did the same thing. it is a Delphi 85 mm truck maf. The odd thing is it doesn't seem to affect afr or anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files