Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Professional Tuners. My Bad Experience

Advanced Tuner
    There will always be this argument about power/dyno figures....every dyno/operator is different i have done myself and witnessed on the same dyno that with the way that i strap my car down/mates/customers cars down and not using(cheating) the temp probe that my readout was 17-25rwkw down on the other guys readout, ie same conditions/tune/dyno...but with your case go back tell him to load your std tune then run it, then load your tune, run it and last load his tune and run it at his expense not yours and then overlap the runs together and he can see that his work is substandard and give you your money back or fix it ..bigdaddycool mate dont leave and i mean dont leave until this is rectified because he and yourself can see in plain english/readout that it aint any better than when you went in there the first place....i would never and i honestly mean never would i let this happen to me or would i never do this to anyones/customers car

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    There will always be this argument about power/dyno figures....every dyno/operator is different i have done myself and witnessed on the same dyno that with the way that i strap my car down/mates/customers cars down and not using(cheating) the temp probe that my readout was 17-25rwkw down on the other guys readout, ie same conditions/tune/dyno...but with your case go back tell him to load your std tune then run it, then load your tune, run it and last load his tune and run it at his expense not yours and then overlap the runs together and he can see that his work is substandard and give you your money back or fix it ..bigdaddycool mate dont leave and i mean dont leave until this is rectified because he and yourself can see in plain english/readout that it aint any better than when you went in there the first place....i would never and i honestly mean never would i let this happen to me or would i never do this to anyones/customers car
    ultimate lsx.... Problem is I dont trust him now...... I told him I wanted to bring it back, he sent me an updated tune via email and just added 2 degree's of timing in the part throttle and 1 degree in the WOT. The car needs to be tuned totally different to get the numbers it should put out. ..... if you seen the timing table you'd know straight away how BIZARE it is. I'll check my tune I threw up this morning when I get home to see what numbers it should have...... if it's substancial I will put it to him he should run my tune up for free and if it makes substantially more power he retune it at no charge.

Again even if he agree's......... I'm 99% sure he wont do a proper job, I dont think he has a clue honestly. What tuner would let a customer drive out with potentially 20-40kw short of where they should be 'by default'.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 02-03-2014 at 01:21 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    fair enough BIGDADDYCOOL i'll leave you to it mate, I truly do feel for you buddy so good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    fair enough BIGDADDYCOOL i'll leave you to it mate, I truly do feel for you buddy so good luck with it
    I'll work my way through it..... the guy did some things right, so I have a guide..... wont take me long to nail it down now..... I was only roughly 100 points off on my VE table here or there, so not bad for road tuning took ages tho going back and forth between wideband data and narrowbands etc.

My log from today yeilded some interesting results... only delivering 500nm flat from 2500rpm where normally I'd be much higher etc..... too much fuel.

Anyway, I'll work through it and see what I come up with..... the tuner atleast sorted the last bit of my VE table out and some lean spikes I had with the throttle via a table etc....

It'll take me a month or two and then when I'm done I'll redyno. No point taking it back, I'll put this down to a lesson well learnt and move on.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.