Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang 2007 GT 4.6 V8 - Auto Transmission?

Mustang 2007 GT 4.6 V8 - Auto Transmission?

Hello, We have Ford Mustang GT 4.6 V8 2007" with Auto Transmission, tranny is dead and we want to put Manual tranny 5sp instead. Can HPTuners turn off its TCM so we could work with engine ECU without TCM???

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Hello, We have Ford Mustang GT 4.6 V8 2007" with Auto Transmission, tranny is dead and we want to put Manual tranny 5sp instead. Can HPTuners turn off its TCM so we could work with engine ECU without TCM???
    This is something I am adding support for. There is no TCM. What you have to do is flash in a manual transmission OS. There are a few switches that also have to be changed.

I'll add what we are missing and post a HOWTO.

Great, cool, when do you plan to add this HOWTO?

It will likely be within the next 2 months.

I did just realize you are working with a 2007, which complicates things a bit.

2005 and 2006 Mustangs all use a 1024k processor. So it is easy to just relflash an automatic computer with a manual OS ID since the sizes are the same.

The 2007-2010 Mustangs with manual transmissions are also 1024k, but the autos are all 2048K.

I think your best bet at this point is to find a Manual PCM and harness and swap it out.

ok, but is we will want to keep our PCM, it will be able to do anyway within 2 months? or not? and will need to swap anyway?

You will need to swap the PCM.

Ok, thanks, we will buy manual PCM! a little of topic question, do you know if we can read its stock Auto pcm with HPtuners if it was tuned earlier with Diablo?

Ok, thanks, we will buy manual PCM! a little of topic question, do you know if we can read its stock Auto pcm with HPtuners if it was tuned earlier with Diablo?
    Not currently, but our next update will be able to.

We read it and opened the rom, please see pic below, if we will put Disable option for Automatic wont it work for our case?
    Attachment 42952

From memory, I do not think it will. Give it a try and report back.

We spent 2 credits to try it, but it doesnt helped anything ((( furthermore when we put Disable for that option - the car started to work even worse, it doest reved and it felt like it got some limiter somethere about 3k rpm. May be you know, it the car has got Manual trans but still has Auto trans PCM - does PCM work in some emergency state? or it should work in normal state and dont care about the trans?

PS: 1) if you know - if we will put manual pcm - will we need to rechip our ignition key? or the car still will be starting engine ok?
    2) If we put manual PCM instead of our Auto one, will we need to use another 2 credits to tune that pcm again? or our licence we got for Auto pcm will work for this one as well?

I believe that is what happened years ago when I tried it. The system is in failsafe.

You will need to swap in a manual PCM. The PATS system will need to be disabled (can be done via HP Tuners) or have a dealer redo the PATS system.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 02-20-2014 at 02:19 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    as long as the auto pcm has the same vin number in it as the one you licensed you shouldn't need to spend any additional credits as our ford single vcm licenses are locked to the vin number of the vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I have done the auto man. swap from start to finish in the 05-09 Mustang GT's. 1st time was stock motor with bolt ons. We reflashed the pcm to a man. PCM. I had to tune around the problems that went along with doing the swap this way. It wasn't right in my mind, but it was able to work on that car. Had an 06 mustang that had with a 600+rwhp and 18lbs of boost. There was no tuning around a problem on that car. Purchased a Man. PCM, turned off pats, car fired and tuned like every other. pats light will not blink, flash or stay lit when by-passed. Its off completely. Your life will be easier with an original Ford man. trans pcm. Hope it helps.

Thanks to all replies we will keep fighting with it )))

Sorry, but if we put different PCM for manual - i assume HPTuner will read different VIN the one of wich Manual PCM took off? or it still will read original Car's VIN?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    it will read whatever vin is in the pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

right, so for each another PCM (even for one same car) we will need to buy new licence? since each PCM will gonna have different VIN inside

right, so for each another PCM (even for one same car) we will need to buy new licence? since each PCM will gonna have different VIN inside
    Correct

Advanced Tuner
    ?
    Cant you just have ford flash the pcm with IDS and program in the proper VIN?